Future

Carl's POV

I was in the car back to The Kingdom to see Bailey. Jonah was asleep in the backseat and Ron was driving. I continued to think about Bailey. After those gates closed two days ago and I left her, I hadn't kept my mind off of her. I missed her so much.

"If Bailey has twins, a boy and a girl. Could you name the boy Ron?" Ron broke the silence and I turned to him. "Fuck no." We both laughed and he rolled his eyes. "You could name him Abraham or even Glenn." Ron said and I immediately dropped the smile from my face.

"My dad told me the other day that he would have never found my mom Lori and I if it weren't for Glenn." I kept my stare locked on the trees we passed along the road.

"Glenn saved my dad, but my dad said he couldn't save Glenn and he would never forgive himself for it."

Ron didn't really say anything, he just wanted to listen and be there for me.

I underestimated Ron's character. I never thought that I would be able to consider him family after what he did to Bailey. I can consider him part of it now. I know he's willing to fight for what is right. For a future for mine and Bailey's baby. For Maggie and Glenn's baby, even Judith.

"I never thought I would forgive your dad for my family's death, but I can. It isn't about the past anymore, it's about a future." Ron said and I just nodded. I put my hand on Ron's shoulder and gave him a squeeze.

- - - - -

Bailey's POV

"I can't even get over the fact that I thought you had just died next to me!" I said to Ben as he adjusted the bandage that covered the gunshot graze. "Probably should be." Ben laughed and I shook my head no. "Shut up, don't say that." I rolled my eyes and I saw the gates open from the corner of my eye.

Ron, Jonah, and Carl all stood at the entrance and I left Ben. I hurried over to Carl and was so glad to see him. I hugged onto the three of them and it may seem dramatic. Just never know when somebody in the group will go. Rick and the group including Ron, Carl, and Jonah went to The Savior's base two days ago and I didn't know if they'd come back.

"Shit, I am so happy to see you." I squeezed my arms around Carl and he rubbed my back. Carl looked at the side of my eye that had a stitch in it. "I'm fine, please don't even worry." I hugged back onto Carl, then saw my brother Jonah and Ron.

"I missed you!" Ron said and hugged on to me. "Jonah!" I said and embraced my twin brother as well.

"I can see the resemblance now." Ron laughed and Jonah and I did as well.

"I saw Carol." I turned to Carl and his eye got wide.

Benjamin had come from behind me and smiled. "I'm Benjamin."

"Jonah."

"Ron."

Carl pulled me to the side and was wanting to know about Carol. "Is she ok? Where is she??"

"She's fine, she's fine. I can't say where she is, but Carol is ok." I said and Carl hugged me. "Can't lose anymore people." He sighed harshly and I just agreed silently.

"Ben, this is my boyfriend Carl." I smiled and Benjamin put his hand out. "She talks about you all the time, lucky guy." Benjamin said and Carl looked at his bandage, curiously.

"You ok man?"

"Yeah, fine. Gunshot wound, but i'll live." Benjamin said referring to the gunshot wound Kyden had inflicted on him.

"We ran into Kyden, but I am fine. Benjamin took a bullet graze." I said trying to ease Carl's mind.

"Did he know you were here?!" Carl asked hoping that he didn't know. If Kyden knew I was seeking asylum at The Kingdom, they'd know we were colluding and that would be horrible. I just had to stay at The Kingdom for the baby and the doctor check ups.