Gone For Good?

edited september 22nd 2016

"Carol?" I walked around the courtyard of the prison looking for Carol. I have been all day as a matter of fact. She was no where to be found and that was worrying me to no ends.

"Have you seen Carol anywhere today?" I asked a woman that had come from Woodburry. To be honest, I didn't know her name or half of the people that had come here from Woodburry. 

"No, sorry sweetie." and continued to walk with her bucket of water.

I ran back inside the now, safe cell block where all the sick people had been. It had been deeply sanitized after everybody that had the sickness was given some antibiotics. I continued my search for Carol, asking people but no luck.

"Carol? " I called her name once more. I had received no answer and I was for sure worried.

"Hey Lizzie, have you seen carol today?" I asked her and she got up from her bed

"No, where is she? Is she ok?" Lizzie asked and she could see the worry painted on my face, clear as day. I had no intention of worrying Lizzie, because she was still sick and she needed to get better.

"No, don't worry she's fine. Get back in bed and get some rest." Lizzie obeyed my orders and laid back down in her bunk. She was clearly just as worried as I was. We both kind of looked up to Carol in a mother figure kind of way.

I walked into my original cell block, Cell Block C.

"You couldn't have waited till we got back?!" Daryl looked pissed off at Rick for some odd reason. I thought since everybody is okay now, everybody would be on good terms. You know, minus Bob and Rick because what had happened back at the college. Why was there clear tension between Rick and Daryl?

"Have either of you seen Carol today? I haven't and I really need to talk to her." I asked and shot them friendly smiles.

Daryl gave Rick a dirty look and connected his eyes onto me, as did Rick.

Something is wrong, I know those kind of looks all too well.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice and tone getting higher

"WHAT HAPPENED TO CAROL?" I was now yelling

"She was responsible for the deaths of Karen and David." Rick swallowed, looking at the ground and then back up at me

"How'd you know that?" I asked and Rick's eyes were now wide

"You knew?"

"Yes Rick, I knew that. Carol was the closest thing I had to family here. She told me everything and so did I. Now if you care to tell me where she is right now?" I snapped on Rick and I had no regrets in this moment.

"Bailey, we are all your family." Rick tried to keep calm

"What did you do to her? Did you kill her? If you did you better own up to it right now." 

"Tell me Rick! Did you kill Carol like you killed my dad?" I snapped once again, only I never meant to say that.

Rick was furious with my comment and I couldn't give two shits less. We all know Rick killed my dad. I wanted to know this instant if Rick took away my last mother figure as well.

"I didn't kill her, Bailey. I sent her away with food and supplies. She's going to be fine and she'll make it on her own." Rick said with not even a hint of remorse and that's partially what was getting under my skin.

"The council agreed on this as well? I really don't think they did, because Daryl is obviously pissed of at you just as much as I am. You don't make the decisions on your own anymore, right?" I asked not caring for a response because in no way was I done giving Rick hell. "You sorry sack of shit, how dare you take Carol away from me." I ran down the stairs and back into my cell block that Carl and I shared.  

Back into my cell, I began losing my temper and throwing shit everywhere. I physically could not go and get Carol because she could be anywhere right now and I don't even have a hint of a clue where that could be. I was so upset I wanted to cry and scream, but instead throwing objects around like a crazy person was going to have to do.

"Bailey, what is your problem? Stop throwing things, stop!" Carl grabbed my arms and got me to stop what I was doing. He faced me to him and gave me a weird look."What is your problem?" he asked me, letting me go slowly. He took the book I had out of my hand and set it behind him.

He sat me down on the bed with him and was ready to listen to me.

"Your dad had the brilliant idea to kick Carol out of the prison and leave her stranded god knows where." I huffed in annoyance and defeat

"She killed Karen and David, didn't she?"

I looked at Carl and nodded my head. There was no reason to hide it any longer.