A Run

( This part is taking place a couple days after they leave the prison, but they haven't found the house yet.. It's bailey's dream. )

" Carl, Carl! " Rick said in a hushed yell.

" What?" Carl asked aggravated

" You're not going in alone, you wait for us." Rick said, as he clung onto my shoulder a tad.

" Are you kidding me? You can't even walk. Bailey, just stay here with him and I'll go in myself. In and out -

" NO!" Rick said harshly, holding onto his leg where he was shot. As I struggled to hold the weight he was putting on me.

Carl huffed and rolled his eyes very very noticeable
" Carl, just chill. He said you're not going in alone, so you shouldn't go in alone." I glared at Carl as I stated to him.

His " let me do this on my own " attitude was really starting to piss me the hell off.

Carl shoved his gun back into his leg holster, and held onto Rick's other side as we slowly walked.

" I could do it myself". Carl glared really hard back at me.

We reached the door and I lifted Rick's arm from over my shoulder.

" What's the plan, Rick"? I asked him.
Carl then decided to interrupt
" I'm going to go in -

" I said Rick, not Carl". Before I could finish what I was even saying, Carl got in my face.

I shoved him from my space he was invading.
"you better watch your space." I said loud and clear to him.

"We'll all go in, slowly. Don't use your guns unless it's necessary. We're looking for food, water, anything that can help us. " Rick said, and coughed up specks of blood.
Due to slight internal bleeding the .. governor caused.

" Still think he's okay enough to walk"? Carl was agitated, but he knew that I wanted rick just to sit down and rest.

We entered the store and Rick pulled his python out and walked slowly with a limp.

" I have the kitchen , you check the bar area". I nodded, not even wanting to fight with Carl.

Then a loud slam startled Carl and I both. Bringing us both to rick on the ground passed out.

I dropped down beside him and held his head up to check his breathing.

" Is he alive still"? Carl asked, in a non-concerned tone.
" His breathing is weak, but he's alive. Help me with him" I said putting one arm over my shoulder.

He gave me another agitated look.

" Fine, don't help. Just stand there and I'll do it, gosh." He smirked and crossed his arms sitting down on one of the chairs.

I struggled obviously with Rick's body that was literally 100 pounds more than my own weight.

I then fell to my butt, and Carl held his hand out for me to grab it and I looked up at him, then grabbed his hand.

" Wipe that smirk, Carl Grimes " I said reaching my feet and holding rick's right arm.

Carl and I made eye contact and smiled at each other.

"You just wait here with him by the door, I'll check the rest of the place out. I'll holler if I need your help, deal"? He asked, as I sat on my shins with rick's head on my knees.
I just nodded understandingly.

......

" Bailey, Bailey". I felt hands shaking the shoulder I wasn't laying on. I opened my eyes slowly due to my tiredness and saw Michonne with a smile on her face.