The Settlement

"What the hell are you doing in our house?"

I hear Carl's voice and I instantly shoot up from our bed. I grabbed my knife and ran to Carl's side.

"Well I'm sitting on the stairs looking at a painting." The nameless and long haired man said.

"That doesn't answering his question." I snapped and got closer to him with my knife.

"I'm waiting for his mom and dad to get dressed, so I can talk to them." He added, then Carl and I looked at each other.

"Hi, I'm Jesus." He smiled with his head still turned to the painting.

We were then joined by Abraham, Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, And Rick and Michonne.

Rick and Michonne were struggling to get their clothes on and Carl looked my way.

Did Michonne and Rick do what we think they did?!

••••

"We got off on the wrong foot, I understand that." The new comer named Jesus announced.

Carl, Rick, Michonne, Maggie, Glenn, Daryl, and I were all interested in what this guy had to say.

"How did you get out?" Rick asked.

"One guard can't cover two exits. You guys are well equipped, but your provisions are low. Way too low for the amount of people that are living here. I took that truck because my community, just like yours needed things. I assumed you two were the bad guys, and I was wrong. You had every right to leave me out there to die when I was knocked unconscious and you didn't. This is a good place and you all are good people."

"Hmm." I said and Jesus looked my way.

"You two had every right to shoot or stab me." Jesus referred to both Carl and I.

"We wanted to." I answered back and he smiled.

"We're on the same side. I think that both of our communities are lacking a great deal and we are in position to make a settlement that's beneficial for Alexandria and my community The Hilltop. The hilltop needs more settlements and so does Alexandria."

"Why should we even believe you?" Carl asked Jesus.

"I can take your group there and back in a day. Easy."

"Wait, you said more settlements? You're already trading with others?" Maggie asked and I knew I could not have been the only one to catch onto that.

"Your world is about to get a whole lot bigger." Jesus smiled.

••••

"I don't want you to go." Carl told me, as I fed Judith. "If you go, I go." I cleaned Judy's mouth and set the napkin down.

"No, no Bailey no it's not like that. It isn't a run, we're going to somebody else's camp. Things could go so wrong and I'm not chancing you getting hurt." Carl made me direct my attention towards him.

Carl and I both heard a knock at the door. Carl opened it and there stood Mikey and Ron. I hadn't seen Mikey in a while and honestly didn't know the dude was still alive. I know he probably didn't take his dad Nicholas's death all too well, but what can you do?

"Hey guys." I said and looked towards Carl to get his take on this. Carl said he'd try and give Ron a chance and I mean I respect that. I couldn't repudiate Carl for not wanting to because of his eye, but he wanted to and that's what mattered.

"Mikey and I wanted to come on the run to wherever you guys are going." Ron said very calmly on the outside, but I could tell he was scared and waiting for Carl to choke him out again.