Jackal x Reader ~ Wait For Me

I'm sorry if this is not that good, but it was hard for me to figure out how to write this. He is a demon after all. This was requested by @fairy_tail_2003_

(Y/n) was the new demon gate. Silver was found out for his rebellious plan and was killed. For the new demon gate, the demons scouted in villages for anyone with demon like aura. Keys was the one who found (y/n).

He walked through his seventh village, reading peoples magic. He came across (y/n) while doing it. She had a tremendous amount of magic power, it was demon like. Keys walked into (y/n)'s house, killed her parents and took (y/n). This all happened on her seventh birthday.

(Y/n) was thrown in a room, that would be hers for the rest of her life. It was dark and empty except for one single bed. (Y/n) was going to be put in the tubs tomorrow to transform her into a demon. But before that Jackal decided he wanted to meet the new soon to be demon.

He made his way over to (y/n)'s room. Opening it enough for him to slip in. He glances around the dark room until his eyes lay on your curled up figure. He approaches slowly, until he is right in front of you. When Jackal was about to speak, you stopped him by the small sniffle noises you were making.

He squatted in front of you, having a better look at you. He notices that you have beautiful (h/l) (h/c) hair that falls perfectly around your face. But he also noticed that you were crying. Jackal left out a breath and spoke, "Are you (y/n)?" Jackal asked in a soft voice he didn't know he had.

You flinched, not knowing he was there. But you relaxed when you heard how softly the person spoke. He didn't sound like a evil demon. You lifted your head to look at him. He had short dirty blonde hair and piercing eyes, that looked strong yet soft.

"Y-yes." You said, your throat sore from all the crying you have done. "Why are you crying?" He asks. The question surprises you. You weren't ready for it. It triggered everything that happened earlier, which sent you in fear. New tears ran down your face as you clutched your knees, crying.

Jackal didn't know what came over him but he sat next to you and hugged you, letting you cry in his chest. He stroked your hair, letting you feel comforted. Once you calmed down and your breathing steadied, Jackal decided to tell you what would be happening to you.

"(Y/n), I know you don't deserve this and I don't even know you. But I want you to know what will be happening to you." Jackal starts off. You nod telling him to continue. "Well tomorrow they are going to put you in a tube. And in that tube they are going to give you demon plates. Those are going to help you transform into a demon. And after that you will serve Mard Geer for the rest of your life." Jackal finishes.

You're shocked, completely shocked. You end up crying again and Jackal comforts you. That was how the rest of the night was spent. But once you feel asleep, Jackal picked you up bridal style and placed you in your bed. He left feeling something he hasn't felt, ever. That day he felt love.

And as Jackal said, the next day you were put in the tube. You became the second most powerful demon gate, specialising in psychic abilities. Over the years you mastered it and you would take down your enemies from the inside out. Destroying them mentally, then physically.

14 years past and you were the most loyal and trustworthy demon gate. The second most strongest, but only by a little bit. Give it a year and you will be number one. Over those years Jackal helped you through everything emotionally. He trained you and taught you to still love life, even though you're a demon.

But you would miss the outside world. Whenever you could, you would look down at it, wanting to be apart of it and not be a thing that destroys it. No one noticed this, no one except Jackal. He knew how much you missed it.

The demon gates were fighting Fairy Tail. The cube fell and your master, Mard Geer is fighting the celestial king. Jackal was injured, mostly from saving you. Over time, when you aged and he didn't. He fell in love with you. He knows he shouldn't and it seems impossible for a demon to fall in love. But he did.

He loves you so much, he decided that he was going to get you out of this nightmare. Free you from the curse that was put on you 14 years ago. He swore to himself that he was going to save you.

He searched everywhere in Fiore to find a cure. He did research, going to libraries no one knows exists. He finally found a cure to being a demon. To be freed from the demon curse, the only one who could lift it is the celestial king.

Once Jackal was told by you that the Celestial King was here, he order you to take him to him. You couldn't understand why but you did as he told you. You rushed as fast as you could, revealing in the sight ofMard Geer fighting the Celestial King. Jackal lifted himself from our shoulder, where he was being carried and ran in the middle of the fight yelling, "STOP!!"

Mard Geer and the King both stopped and looked at Jackal.Mard Geer looked like he wanted to kill Jackal for getting in his way and the King was just confused. "Before you continue your fight, I must ask for a request from the King!" Jackal yelled.

"I know you can do it, so please. Please lift the demon curse off of (Y/n)." Jackal pleaded and pointed at you. Tears struck your eyes as you hands went to cover your mouth. It was unbelievable, what Jackal was doing.

"And why might I do that?" The King questioned.

"Because (Y/n) is an angel sent from heaven forced to become a demon. She doesn't belong or deserve to be one. She deserves to be free! Free her!" Jackal screamed. The king could feel the compassion that Jackal had.

"As you wish." The king spoke, turning towards you. Jackal fell to his knees and cried. He finally achieved what he wanted. For you to be free.

A white glowing light found its way around your body. You stared in awe at it. You felt your demon like features disappear as well as your curse magic. You smiled, finally being able to be free. You look over to Jackal, sadness covers your features.

You realize that you will never see Jackal again. And you too fell in love with him over the years. You don't know if being free is worth it without Jackal.

"Jackal!!" You scream reaching towards him. Jackal stands up and rushed towards you. Placing his hands on your waist and looking into your eyes, that have filled with tears. "Jackal, thank you for this. But I don't know if I want to be free if you're not there." You say to him, a tear rolling down your face.

Jackal realized that no word can be said, only an action can show how he feels towards you. He leans in close, only inches away. He glances down at you pink lips that he has wanted to kiss for years. He watches you glance down at his, taking that as a sign, he closes the distance between him and you.

His lips are gently placed on yours, his eyes closed along with yours. The feeling was perfection, nothing could compare. You kissed back, wanting to show your emotions as well. The kiss ends with Jackal pulling away, looking at you as the light takes all of you. It then disappears leaving you without a trace of demon in you.

"Jackal......" You start, wanting to say something but not finding words.

"(Y/n).....I love you and I want you to be free." He tells you, backing away out of your hold.

"But I'm free when I'm with you....I love you." You say, wanting to be with him and only him.

"But I'm a demon." Jackal states, gesturing towards himself. You start to say something but he cuts you off. "And I want you to have the life you were supposed to have. Without any demons." Jackal says backing away even more.

"But-" You tried.

"Wait for me." Jackal says. This sends confusion all over you. "Huh?" You question.

"Wait for me to come back to you. Be with you. Wait for me!" Jackal yells, a tear streams down your face as you nod. 

"Yes, yes, yes!" You yell back.

"I love you." Jackal says before everything disappears and you are teleported to a town far away from where Jackal is. You touch your lips with your hand, remembering the beautiful moment you shared with him. You mind was clear and on one thing.

You were going to wait. Wait for him to come back, to you. Which for him was home.