Cobra x Reader - Drug PT. 2

If you haven't read the first part, then this ain't going to make any sense. So, please read the first part before you dive into this and end up hella confused. :)

She hoped, prayed, that she would never see him again. The man that took her, flipped her upside down and left her to rout all the while he played an illusion and used her. But there he was, in the same booth that he had been in the first time they met. Her heart clenched, her stomach dropped. She had still not gotten over him or what he had done to her two years ago.

She traced his maroon hair, the scar that covered his left eye, his dark and depressing choice of clothes. He looked the same, as if no time had passed at all. Though he was almost completely different at the same time.

His shoulders weren't slumped. There was no cigarette hanging from his lips. He no longer had bags under his eyes but appeared washed and clean. He wore a smile as he joked along with friends that she didn't recognize. He seemed alive, happy, content, all the things that he had ripped out of her.

"Hello, earth to (Y/n)." Her friend waved a hand in front of her glazed over eyes, snapping her out of the trance he had put her in. "What has gotten into you?"

"Nothing." Her new friends knew nothing about Cobra and what he did. After their breakup she had to start anew or she would have no hope of living with the pain. These were all fairly new friends.

"She was looking at that boy over there," another one pointed at Cobra. "Maybe she likes him? He's hot." And once again the girl in question zoned out of the conversation that was about her. Her eyes continued to glance over to him, her heart beating too fast for her own good.

She shot up from her seat, her eyes set only one thing; the exit.

"(Y/n)? What are you doing?" the girls she left behind asked, though there was no point in explaining. There was no way that she could explain. "Where are you going? (Y/n)!"

That was when he turned around. The name was just too familiar, he couldn't ignore how his body reacted to it. His one eye scanned the diner and soon fell upon the girl in the midst of leaving.

"(Y/n)?" He asked without thinking. His group of friends looked at him questioningly and forced Cobra to take his eyes away from the girl's retreating figure.

"Erik, are you alright man? Do you know that girl?"

"Looks like an ex to me." The guy took a sip and before Cobra knew it, they were all watching the girl as she fought her way through the crowded streets. "Am I right?"

"Yeah, an ex." His eyes were back on her and watched her get pushed around in the crowd. She seemed as if she was fighting pointlessly, like she let the crowd push her because the alternative was just not worth it, out of reach. She looked different.

"She fucked you up, huh?" Cobra slightly hated how easy he was being read, and grew a scowl. He also grew a scowl because that statement was only half true. She didn't fuck him up, but the other way around. He basically ruined her life, and knew so perfectly.

Cobra didn't bother answering, but stood up instead to follow her. He shuffled out of the booth, ignoring the grunts and questions as he made his way through. Once he was out he jogged to the door. However right before he was able to open the door and leave after her, one of his friends called out, "Put in a word for me, she's hot!"

Cobra stopped, looked at the guy with the most threatening glare he could muster and left, with a slam of the door. The diner was left in question, the guys laughing at the situation, some curious, but mostly just amused. The girls however, who were friends with the girl Cobra ran after, grew silent as they watched the couple with a puzzled expression. To be even more clearer, no one understood what just and was about to occur.