Romeo x Reader ~ Time

He remembered it like it was the only way to survive. He held onto that memory through thick in thin, always remembering your smile as you set off in that cursed ship. He blamed himself for letting you go, for not protecting you. But he had no idea that any of it was going to happen.

Seven years ago Romeo watched you sail away to Tenrou island, only for you to never return. He was broken, he lost his best friend, the one that was always there for him when his dad would leave on a mission or he would get picked on. You were always there. But now you weren't.

Romeo hated you for that, even though he knew it wasn't your choice. He was mad that you didn't hold on and fight to come back to him. For all he knew, you did. But it wasn't enough.

You left him for seven years. The reason? To accompany your great grandfather at the S-class trials. You never thought that it would be dangerous. You just stayed at the camp and cooked food and treated people's injuries. A five year old like you was never prepared for Grimoire Heart to attack.

There was joy though. You got to see your father Laxus, during the battle. You knew everything was going to be okay the minute you saw him. He was always going to protect you. But the dragon King was too much. Fairy Tail fell back and everyone fell into a long sleep.

You remember waking up in your father's arms, rubble on top of the both of you. Being the energetic bubble that you were, you jolted up, yelling at your lazy dad to get up. He got up with a grudge making you giggle. You looked to your right and saw people from your guild crying as they held other members. You knew something was different about them, but couldn't quite put your finger on it.

Everyone got on a ship and sailed back to Magnolia. Some telling the tale of what happened. You just stayed with your dad and laughed at Natsu's motion sickness. Magnolia came sooner than expected, next thing you knew, you were walking through the town. But there was something off, it was the same.....but different.

A long walk and not paying attention, you ended up at the guild. Except it wasn't the guild. It was a weird broken down building. Everyone proceeded into the guild but you stayed behind, staring at the building wondering why it changed. It perplexed you so much that you sat down and thought about it. No movement from the energetic bubble.

"(Y/n)!!" You heard you father, Laxus yell. You ran inside the guild without a second thought and went to join him. "Someone wants to see you." He told you and you nodded and waited with a smile as you anticipated the person. A boy around seven years older with dark purple hair came out of the crowd and walked towards you. Tears appeared in the boy's eyes as he saw you.

You were confused by his reaction. But something clicked in your tiny brain and the boy's name zoomed through your brain and out your mouth. "Romeo!!" You yelled running to the boy and giving him a huge hug. But as you hugged him, something was different, he was much bigger. After the hug you took a step back and looked him up and down.

"Why are you so big?" You asked with your five year old innocents. The question made Romeo's face drop, replaying the seven years he spent without you. Romeo looked to your dad, asking if he should be the one to tell you. Laxus only have a nod before conversing with the other guild members. He trusted Romeo with you, one of the only people he trusted you with, besides the thunder legion and Makarov.

"Well (y/n), when you went to Tenrou island, you didn't come back for seven years." Romeo explained the best he could without his voice cracking. You stood there with your head to the side, you had no idea what he was talking about. So you just ignored it and grabbed his arm, pulling him away. "Come on! Let's go play!" Romeo smiled at you, you didn't change one bit.