Sting Ending - I'm Sorry

"I love you."

I hadn't known what to do. The only thing I could think of was only the hope that Sting had said that. But he hadn't, Natsu had. Out of his own heart, he told me his feelings, and yet, I was disappointed. What is wrong with me?

"I'm sorry, but I'm in a relationship with Sting..." I said quietly, looking at my now sweaty hands as I waited for his reaction.

"Huh?" Is all Natsu said.

"Well, not really. We're kind of on a break." Clarifying my statement. There was a silence that fell upon us.

"Oh. He's the reason why you came here crying, right?" Natsu asked and I only nodded.

"We have some problems..." This was starting to get awkward. Natsu didn't seem to mind. He took my hands in his, making me look at him and not stare at the floor.

"It's clearly more than some problems. You came here looking as if you just found out your mom died. There's got to be no benefit from your relationship." Natsu told me the facts, being smarter than I thought. He opened my eyes to new perspectives. Was our relationship this broken and lost?

"But..." I tried to protest but there was nothing to say. Natsu was right. Our relationship was gone, there was no going back.

"But you love him huh." Natsu said and I paused. Did I love him? I think and think, going over everything. Even with everything he did to me, I would still do anything to be with him at any time.

"Yes I do." I said softly.

"Have you told him?" Natsu asked. I shook my head.

"Why not?" He asked, very confused.

"Because he never said it. I didn't know if he felt the same. I was always too scared." I confessed as I hung my head low with shame.

"Ever thought that he was too scared too?" Natsu pointed out and my eyes widened. I never thought of that.

"No, I never." I told him.

"You'll never know if you don't tell him, so go. I know that you love him, it was easy enough to tell me. So just tell him. He might feel the same way. Since it's you, he'll definitely feel the same. And then together you can work out whatever is stopping you two from being happy." I was shocked, completely shock. Who knew that Natsu gave such great advice.

"Thank you." I said to Natsu and gave him a hug, a long lasting hug that I needed. I got up from the couch and went to my room and started to pack. Tomorrow I would go back to Sting and we'd work everything out.

-

The sun shined through the window onto my face. I was already on the train. I left as soon as I got up, leaving a note for Lucy, explaining everything. There was also a part for Natsu, I really owed him a lot. The train was zipping through the country and I was already on my way home. Every second passed and I was getting closer to Sting. Butterflies completely took over my stomach, it prevented me from eating breakfast.

My goal was to reach Sting before he went to the guild. He was going to wake up in thirty minutes, so I thought that I'd have enough time. But I couldn't' help but doubt myself, like I did everything else, that I was going to be late. I just knew that I was going to miss Sting and then I'd have to wait all day to talk to him. I mean, I could have gone see him at the guild but... but. I didn't have a reason; I was just too lazy.

The train came to a stop and I didn't even wait to hear the lady tell me that it was my stop, I was already out of the train, running through the city I lived in. I had to stop a few times too catch my breath, which set me back a couple minutes. I'm not fit, don't judge. Somewhere along the way, I started thinking about if I failed and he didn't actually care. It was stupid, I know. But I couldn't stop myself. The tears just came out.

There's the door, the door to the house that I share. The lights were on, so that meant he was awake, but it also means that he hasn't left yet. I stand in front of the door. My hand reaches out to turn the door knob but I froze. I was scared, too scared. I couldn't do it, it was too hard, I was a failure.

"(Y/N)?!" Sting asked, very surprised after he opened the door. I flinched, I was no were near ready to confront him, speak to him. I forgot that my face was wet with tears as I looked up to him and smiled. Sting didn't smile back, he looked shocked.

"(Y/n)? What's wrong? Who hurt you?! I will kill whoever did this!" Sting yelled, wrapping his arms around me. He pressed me into his chest as he stroked my hair, trying to calm my shaking body. It felt nice, being in his arms. I felt home.

After a few minutes Sting brought me inside. He sat me down and I gratefully relaxed on our comfortable couch. Sting plopped on the couch besides me. And Just as I was getting comfortable, Sting grabbed me and place me on top of him, my legs straddling his waist. I was taken back by his up front actions.

His expression was serious, there was no slight smile or any hint of a joke. His gaze was captivating and it over powered me quickly. We just stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity. I started to believe that Natsu was right and that Sting did love me. I was ready to talk to him.

"I'm sorry." Sting said abruptly.

"Huh?" I said in defeat. I was so lost, what was he apologizing for?

"Rogue told me why you asked for a break. I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't notice anything was wrong. My mind was clouded with my duty at the guild and I completely forgot about your feelings. I spent so much time planning for you that I forgot about you, and now I might never be able to ask you." Sting explained, his head hanging low in guilt. I was shock beyond worlds. I couldn't believe him at all, it felt like a dream and at any minute I'm going to wake up and it's all going to be gone.

I spent so much time planning for you...

What did he mean by that? I didn't understand, so I asked.

"What do you mean by 'planning for me'?" Sting's face went red with embarrassment, like his spilled some secret that he wasn't supposed to tell. But then he looked like he understood something and he knew there was no more hiding now.

Sting removed me from his lap and back onto the couch. I started to get worried, especially once he stood up. He did something terrible and now he was going to tell me, that was the only thing I could think of. My thoughts got interrupted once Sting started to talk.

"I knew once I met you that I had to have you. I had to make you mine, and I did. You became my girlfriend, for two years now. But that number means nothing, because in the first week, I knew I wanted to ask you this question. I planned for years on how to make it as special as I could. And when I did, I began to lose you. I am so sorry, I don't know how you'll ever forgive me, but I have to ask." Sting paused letting everything he's said sink in. I was already in tears.

"Will you marry me?" Sting pulled out a diamond ring that was all I could ever ask for. It was as beautiful as the starry sky on a clear night. I was so happy, it was as if I found the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow and there was no leprechaun to stop me.

"Yes!" I shouted, not even taking the ring, I jumped into Sting's arms and wrapped my legs and arms around him to not fall. I smashed my lips onto his and it was magical. A picture perfect moment. The kiss ended and Sting set me down. I held up my hand and he slid the ring on my finger. Let's just forget that he put it on the wrong finger for now.

We both looked into each other's eyes, captivating our emotions. And then he said it. He said the three words.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

oFUF