Sting x Reader - Lingering Eyes

She had only ever seen him in passing. Not being a mage herself, there was never really any reason for anything more. Normies like her never interacted with guild members, let alone guild masters. But she's heard of him, seen him when he's ventured to Magnolia to see Natsu.

And boy, was he beautiful.

...

Before seeing her, Sting never really found any need to go to Magnolia. Natsu was there, sure, but his egotistic desire to beat him wasn't worth the motion sickness. But her? He wished he could go every day.

"Are you going again?" Angel asked when she entered his office, seeing him packing his stuff. Her tone wasn't exactly disappporving, but slightly disappointed. Stink looked up at her and merely nodded. "Whose going to run the guild?"

"You will," he said. "I just have to do some business with Fairy Tail. It shouldn't take all day." When he reached her at the door her put on hand on her shoulder. "Just hold down the fort while I'm gone. And tell Rogue to meet me at the station."

"OKay, but don't you think-" 

But he was already gone.

...

The first time she saw him she was on her way to her cafe after purchasng her lunch flowers to put on the tables. She had chosen roses, exspensive yes, but she believed the day called for it. The sun was out in a manner that wasn't too overpowering and hot and Y/n knew that her cafe would be a destination for dates.

Walking down one of the many streets of Magnolia, the one with the river that ran through the middle of it, she had stopped at one of the stalls to talk to one of her friends. They chatted about the weather and the upcoming festival and all the toursits it would bring. And when she turned around to leave she saw him.

It was hard not to notice him, his powerful magic called for attention. On the other side of the river, his blonde hair glistened in the sun light and when he laughed at something his dark haired friend said his lips spread in a captivating smile that rendered her paralyzed, as it did everyone else.

"Who is he?" her friend asked from behind her. Y/n turned back to her friend and shook her head. She had never seen her before, he wasn't a Magnolian resident, potentially a tourist though most likely just passing through on a journey of some kind.

"I'm not sure," she said. "Well I'll see you tommorw then, have a nice day!"

"You too Y/n!" she said, finally taking her eyes of the stranger to aide a customer. 

Y/n with her bouqet of roses in her arms, gave one final glance at the boy. He stood directly on the other side of the river, merely ten feet away. His attention was focused on his friend, but for a second it drifted and his gaze landed on her.

Polietly she smiled, her eyes closing and her head tilting to the side, a breath of friendliness passing between them. And then she turned and she continued walking.

On the other side of the river Rogue looked at his friend Sting who's eyes were wide and unresponsive, his mouth slightly opened, paralyzed. He waved a hand on front of his friend and only then did he respond.

"Huh? What?"

"Are will still going to Fairy Tail?" Rogue asked.

"Oh, right. Yeah." Sting shook his head loose and him and Rogue went back down the street towards the guild. But his mind's previous occupation of fighting Natsu was gone and he couldn't help himself from looking back to take a glance at the girl, but she had already rounded a cornor.