Natsu x Reader x Sting

Reader's POV

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing. There was nothing going through my mind. Then why couldn't I sleep? I laid awake on my back as I looked up to the ceiling in the bed that I shared. What laid beside me was a blonde haired boy that was the master of the guild Sabertooth. Sting was my two yearlong boyfriend.

Our relationship was great at the beginning, our love story seemed picture perfect. But as time went on, something never happened. It wasn't a spark that didn't ignite, it was more like a word that was never said.

Throughout our two years of romance and compassion, not once did either of us say, "I love you,"

It's not that I never felt love towards him, I have. It was wonderful and I couldn't have been happier. I just waited for him to say it before I said it. I was always cautious with relationships. I never told them my feelings before I knew they were requited.

But Sting never said it. As time went on, I started to feel like he was never going to say it. I thought that he doesn't feel anything towards me. I've thought constantly about breaking it off and finding someone that I actually mean something to them. But I can never do it, just like I can't say three damn words.

I wanted to snuggle up to Sting and have him hold me like we used to, but I've been feeling our relationship detach. I don't feel as close as I did before. He wouldn't treat me as special as he did before and I wouldn't be as close to him.

But to make matters worse, I never heard any complaints from Sting, he never made an action to bring me closer or for us to spend more time together. He never brought up the drifting between us. Did he even notice or did he just not care and is secretly hoping that it will go so far that I will leave him and he'll finally get what he wants?

A tear rolled down my cheek and I faced my back to Sting, curling up in a ball as if to protect myself from all the harm he's causing. I started to let the tears out, finally allowing myself to feel the feelings that I've locked up. My sobs became louder and I started to shake. I felt miserable.

"(Y/n)?" I heard Sting ask. He was perched up on his side, looking at me with concern. I froze from the sound of his voice, but the tears still escaped my eyes. I said nothing in return, just stayed silent and unmoving. I hoped that he would roll over and go back to sleep.

"(Y/n), what's wrong?" He asked, his voice calm and comforting. I didn't want to do it; I didn't want to go running back to Sting like I always do. This was my problem caused my him. Why would I seek comfort from him?

But I never win. I rolled over to face Sting, there was almost no light in the room, being two o'clock in the morning. But that didn't stop Sting's perfect eyesight from seeing the tears on my face. Sting looked shocked, but before he could do anything I quickly said,

"Sorry for waking you up, I'll shut up now."

Sting looked hurt by my apology. He laid down next to me and wrapped his arms around my waist and snuggled me into his chest. He was so warm and comforting, it was like a scene out of a movie. It was a picture perfect moment.

"You shouldn't feel sorry. When something's wrong come to me. I'll always be here for you." He spoke with such compassion. But guess what he didn't say. I was hoping that I would miss it, that I would be so focused on his kind words to completely miss the words he didn't utter. But as usual, I was wrong and I did notice that he didn't say I love you.

He was acting more like a best friend than a significant other. I knew that our relationship meant nothing, this was only proof. I began to cry harder, the tears spilling onto his chest. He squeezed me harder, as if to shield me from whatever was hurting me.