Gray x Reader - Thank you

We met in a closet... granted the closet was fairly big

"Towels, towels, where are the towels? She said on the third shelf on the right." I looked around, no light illuminated the tiny room, no light bulb ever came to replace the broken one. 

"Don't let the door close, it locks automatically." I repeated to myself, I kept an eye on the tiny little slope that stopped the door.

There was a ruckus outside the door, loud voices, the sound of magic. Then unexpectedly there was a boy. He came in stumbling, his foot knocking the slope of wood into the room, the door free to close. He grabbed the shelf and caught himself right before he hit me. The room was now completely dark.

"What the?" His voice was masculine and slightly deep, it carried a very annoyed tone along with it. His hands fidgeted with the knob of the door, the lock preventing it from moving. He resorted to pounding it, expecting someone to open it.

"It's not going to open." Even in the pitch black room I could see him flinch at my voice.

"Who's in here?" His voice was harsh, he was frightened.

"Sorry, I'm (Y/n)."

"Oh, you're the new girl that just joined." I nodded at his statement, though I didn't realize that he couldn't see it. "What are you even doing in here?"

"I was getting towels for Mira-Jane." I answered, slightly shivering. Ever since he entered the room got significantly colder.

"Sorry, for locking you in here." His voice was apologetic, it sounded unnatural. I smiled as it was probably rare to hear him apologize.

"It's okay, you're in this mess too. At least we're not alone in this closet."

"Yeah that would have sucked." He agreed. I shivered again, this time a lot more noticeable. "Are you cold?"

"Yeah, it wasn't cold before you entered actually."

"You blaming me?" He asked, a chuckle escaped his lips and I could only imagine he was smiling.

"Oh no! It was an observation." I laughed nervously.

"Well, you'd be right. I'm an ice mage. Sorry about that." There was a noise after he spoke, I could only guess that he was rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's okay, I kind of like the cold." I smiled in his direction.

"(Y/N)! Are you okay, did it close?" Mira-Jane frantically asked as she opened the door, the blinding light entered the tiny room. I shielded my eyes as fast as I could. "Gray what are you doing in here?" Her voice calmed and was laced with confusion. 

"Flame head." Gray grumbled as he began to exit the closet. I could she him now, he was taller than me, built and had tan skin. His hair was black and spiked in all sorts of directions. It wasn't a bad sight.

Gray turned around and smiled in my direction. "It was nice talking to you. I got to go beat up Natsu, but let's talk again." This time when I nodded he could see it. I could feel my cheeks heat up and I knew I was blushing, but I didn't really care. 

But before he left I made sure to say, "Thank you." He looked back at me confused. But left none the less.

Gray went off to fight Natsu and I quickly grabbed the towels that Mira-Jane asked for then followed her to the bar. I didn't really join the guild per say, I was searching for a job as I was a retired wizard. Fairy Tail was looking for another bar tender and I jumped on the offer, the tales of Fairy Tail were just amazing. Makarov had me join the guild as it was a requirement for work. And I happily agreed.