Chapter 2 Calvin

I couldn't believe it. I had another chance. I ran to go see my long lost daughter. I busted in the room they had her in and ran to her.
"Daddy!" she yelled. Wow she remembered me. She got up and ran to my arms. "I missed you. Where have you been?"
"I've been finding myself. I know I've been gone but your going to be seeing more of me." I looked in my daughter's eyes that were identical to mine. They were so blue. She looked just like me but just like her mom too. She had my hair color and my eyes but her moms button nose and full lips. My daughter was beautiful I hate I missed so much of her life. I was too busy with my daughter when Jamie loudly cleared her throat.
"Uhmm I'm going to go."
"okay well I was going to take Ari to get some ice cream and talk with her mother."
"okay well see you at home this has been much for one day."
I got up and kissed my wife on her cheek. She walked out as Tam walked in. She walked up to me.
"well I see you got what you wanted."
"Tam I'm going to make up not being there for Ari. Is it okay with you if I take Ari to get ice cream then meet up with you to kinda get a plan about all of this."
"legally I have to say yes. But you know your the last person I want Ari to be around. But go have fun we will meet up in 3 hours."
"what's your number? "
She got out a piece of paper and scribbled a number on it. "here you go," then she walked out
I turned to look at Ari and said "do you want to go get ice cream?"
She screamed yes and we left.

We went to get ice cream and we walked around outside. Ari wanted to take pictures of every statue and fountain we saw then she posed to fit in with it. I snapped so many pictures of her. Then she wanted me to get in with her. I got a random stranger to take our picture. I looked at the time and noticed its been 2 and a half hours. I texted tam to tell her to meet us at Olive Garden for dinner.
"are you ready to go see your mom?"
"yes daddy, I wish me you and mommy could do this. I had so much fun daddy I love you!"
Right then my heart softened and I teared up. My daughter told me she loved me for the first time.
"I love you too baby."
We pulled into the Olive Garden parking lot. I took Ari out her car seat I got just in case this day would come. We walked in and I saw tam already seated.
We walked over to her. "hey tam"
She ignored me and got up to hug Ari.
"hey baby you have fun?"
"yes mommy we got ice cream and took pictures."
"wow can I see?"
I got my phone out and let her see the pictures. She started to scroll and I noticed her eyes tear up. That's when the waiter came and she gave me my phone back. He took our order. And 20 minutes later our food came out. We ate and we got ready to go. We went out in the parking lot and tam told Ari to tell me goodbye. She walked up to me and gave me the biggest hug then got in the car.
Tam came up to me then said "just because you get her ice cream doesn't mean your a good dad."
"tam can you let me try?"
"when we needed you you weren't there," she said so harshly
"I'm here now please."
"why are you pleading to me you got what you want. We will see you next weekend."
"this won't go good if we aren't on good terms!"
"don't you have a Barbie doll wife to get to?" she questioned then she got in her car and drove off.
She left me in the dark and it hurt. I got out my phone to text Jamie but then I noticed that tam sent herself the picture of me and Ari. Maybe she still cares I thought. That doesn't matter I'm with Jamie now. I texted Jamie that I was on my way home and drove home to my barbie doll wife.