Calvin

I say there anxiously waiting for an answer.
"Tam please say something..."
"Ari go to your room really quick me and daddy have to talk."
"BUT MOM!!" Ari whined
"I said go to your room... NOW!"
Ari stomped away to her room disappointed that she had to wait to hear the answer.
"Tam," I said
"Look I don't know!"
"What do you mean you don't know?!?!"
"Look we live in the worlds most racist town, Jamie is acting like a dumbass, and we still don't know what's going to happen to the guy that damn near raped me and you want to throw a wedding into it?? It's not he right time!!" She said
"So when will the right time be? When we lose each other for another 5 years?"
"Ohhh so you plan on losing me again??"
"Tam your making a beautiful thing into something that it's not! I want to marry you!! I want a family with you!! Nothing should stop us from getting married! I love you and you love me! So I'll ask you again... Will you marry me?"
She took a long pause and I started to get scared. Look at all the things that I did! This is the woman I love I'm praying she doesn't say no.
"Okay yes Calvin," i slid the ring on her finger and I got up and I went to hug her and she stopped me. "On one condition."
"What? Anything you want is yours!"
"We have to move somewhere else I don't want Ari in this racist mess!"
"Okay can we have the wedding here for friends and family and we move right after the wedding?"
"That sounds like a good idea... ARI!!!"
Ari came running down the stairs still in her white dress.
"Yes mommy!"
"Me and your dad decided that we will get married!"
Ari screamed and jumped in our arms and we hugged for a good minute. Tears came to my eyes because I never thought me and Tam would be the same again.
"Okay let me call my mom and my best friend really quick and tell them the good news!"
Tam left the room and I went with Ari to help her change into some play clothes. I go down to the kitchen and hear tam still talking to her mom.
"-mom... he's changed.. I don't care mom I love him! Mom! Ugh. I'll talk to you later." She turned around to see me "oooh I didn't see you there! What do you wanna eat pizza or Chinese?"
"Tam what wa-" she cut me off and she made her 'don't even' face. "Chinese."
"Okay I'll go order it."
I watch her walk away and I already realize that this engagement will have problems. I just hope we are strong enough to get through it.