Cal

"You're what??" I couldn't believe my ears. I know it was a rare occasion that we used protection but I trusted myself.
"I'm pregnant... I know it's a surprise and now we really have to hurry the wedding along!"
"Okay I'll see what I can do."
"Have you gotten the divorce papers?"
"Not yet," I know my words struck her like a lightning bolt but it was the truth. I haven't even told my mom about our rekindled romance.
"And why not??"
"Do you want Jamie to go crazier?"
"What the fuck Calvin she already knows you're with me but you're going to prolong the divorce process?"
"Tam you're really ruining a romantic night. We're in the bathtub!"
"Okay and I don't give a fuck where we are! I thought you wanted to be a family to our daughter!"
The fact I knew there was another one baking made me lightheaded. "I do it's just complicated!" The next words flew out my mouth without thinking "I haven't even told my mom yet!!"
Tam looks hurt. "So I'm you're little secret?" She starts to get out of the tub and I grab her hand
"Baby."
"Don't baby me cal! You shouldn't have proposed if you weren't ready," and with that she snatched her hand and walked out and put on her clothes. "I'm about to go check on Ari."
She left and she came back screaming
"Calvin! Cal!! Calvin!"
"What baby??"
"Ari's gone"
I immediately put on clothes and I rushed down stairs to see a note.

All this for a coon? Really Cal. Well if you want Ari back come to my house alone.

Love, Jamie
P.S. The town is on my side there's no where for you to go

"What is it?"
"Jamie"
"What does that bitch want I'll kill her I swear she touched my child!"
"She wants me to go there alone."
"Okay let me put some shoes on-"
"Tam I'm going alone if she sees you she might hurt Ari!"
"I'm going I don't give a fuck if I have to trail you in my car I'm going to get my child!"
"What if she hurts you and the baby? You're thinking for two now!"
"Cal I'm going okay!"
I knew I couldn't talk her out of it so I told her to trail me as we went to Jamie's old apartment.