Cal

We check out of the hospital and I called Tam's mom to tell her the news. She offered to keep Ari the next few days so Tam and I could figure out our next steps. Finally, after finishing all the paperwork, we get to the car. I start to drive and look over to see her in deep thought. I knew something was up with her.
"What's wrong Tam?"
"I'm just starting to wonder if it's worth it," she says almost at a whisper.
"If what is worth it?"
"Us! This! Ever since we've gotten back together shit has gone wrong-"
"Don't say that," I yell cutting her off. "Don't say that Tam"
"It's true! I had my life put together! I had a dance class and Ari was happy and away from danger.. we have to think about what's best for her!"
"So being with her dad isn't what's best for her?"
"She went 5 years without her father and she was fine," she says with no remorse. I try to look into her eyes but she won't look at me.
"How could you say that? Do you not know the pain it caused me not knowing where y'all were and not being there for her and you?" My eyes started to sting with tears. "I finally found you and-"
"And when you found me my life fell apart! You say you were in pain but you married the first bitch you found!" Finally she turned to look at me. You could see the pain in her brown eyes.
"So what are you saying? Are you calling off the wedding?"
She begins to think once more and my heart starts to race. After about thirty seconds she finally says "I don't know what I want any more," and my heart sunk.
"Tam what are you doing? What are you saying right now? If you leave me now everything we've been through would be for nothing! My family finally accepts you and you're gonna leave? I put everything on the line for you and I always will Tam! I love you," steamy tears start to graze my face but I hide it.
"Calvin, i miscarried! My daughter was kidnapped-"
"OUR DAUGHTER WAS KIDNAPPED! I was right by your side through everything! WE just miscarried, that was my child too! I can't believe you're saying this!" My blood starts to boil with anger get my eyes are heavy with sadness. The rest of the car ride was silent until I arrive at my home. I see her thinking and I can tell she's torn "I came back for you and I refuse to lose you again but if you wanna go then go... but this time it's on you," I get out the car and slam the door and I don't look back. If she doesn't want to be with me then fine but it'll never change my feelings about her. I walk into the house and I hear her following.
"Cal I just don't know what to say. I know I love you but is love enough? Enough to keep our daughter in harms way?"
"Why do you think we were planning to move away together? Get married and start a new life! Maybe even live on the beach somewhere and Ari can play without having to worry about anything. All we need is time and everything will be alright, I promise."
"Cal, I don't know how much time we have left like you've seen how these past months have played out!"
"Don't blame me! Blame the bitch that started this shit.. Tam we have the money! We have everything we need to leave, all I need is you and for you to trust me," I grab her hand and pull her close "and I need for you not to leave me baby." She pulls away and looks at me for a moment. She goes to say something but she just can't instead she busts out into tears. She began to cry so much that my shirt became damp. She fell out on the floor and all she could say is "why my baby? God why my baby?" All of her hurt was finally coming out. I go on the floor to comfort her but I began crying too. It was our baby we lost and it was both of us fighting! Here we are, both of us wrapped into each other crying.