Tam

All night cal was telling me how scared he was and how he thought I took Ari. He told me how he never wanted us to leave again because 5 years was way to much. I take Ari to daycare and I drive to my moms house. I see they started to fix everything since I was here. I get to my moms house and she's sitting on the patio.
"Hey mom."
"Hey baby"
"I see ur wounds are healing..."
"Yeah but the neighborhood isn't. It's like all this Racist mess was covered with a bandaid and that one woman ripped the bandaid off. But it's kinda sad that as long as the bandaid has been on nothing has healed. The bandaid is the only thing that kept us together as a community."
In that moment my mom said so much. We should've been healed by now. Color shouldn't matter but here we are segregated not by laws but by ourselves! It's sad. Me and my mom talked awhile about everything and I kissed her goodbye and drove home. I walked into my home to see it beautifully decorated. It had white flowers and candles and then out of nowhere a man stepped out and started playing violin. After listening to his tone I figure out its At Last by Etta James. Then I look up to see my beautiful Ari in a white dress with a basket full of white rose petals walking towards me. Then Calvin pops up on the stairs and walks down and gets on one knee. My eyes start filling up with tears that I try to fight back.
"Tamika Domms your name is so beautiful. Your like a calm beautiful meadow. You're my soldier one that's held me down since high school and you're my queen. You're the one that gave me my beautiful princess Ari and you're the one that filled my mind with thoughts for years, since high school, to be exact. Your body moves with grace and your touch and kisses are so delicate. You are the love of my life and the only love of my life. Tamika domms will you--"
"Daddy I wanted to say something!"
"Okay Ari."
"Mom you love daddy... and daddy you love mommy and we have to be one big family again!! Okay dad now you can go!"
Calvin and I started laughing as he continued.
"Will you marry me?!"
"But you're still married to--"
"Shh I have lawyers who will take care of that," he got off of his knee and he stroked my face. "Will you?"
"Uhhh..."