Calvin

After I drop off Tam I drive home. As
Soon as I get there I tuck in Ari to make sure she's okay and tell her a bed time story and watch her fall into a deep sleep. I go to my man cave and turn on the tv and start watching ESPN. My mind kept flashing back to me and tam. How her body shaked and moved. God I never wanted it to end she was like a glimpse into heaven. But Ari got hurt ugh "coincidentally". But what if it could never happen again?! What if that passion was the last time. I heard a door clothes and look behind me. Of course it was Jamie.
"Hey baby come up to bed it's been a long day," she said
"I will in a minute."
She walked down and sat in my lap. She was in a satin robe and her long blonde hair fell down her back. I look into her green eyes and her look said it all.
"No not tonight."
"Oh my gosh Cal! We used to do it all the time! Now that she came into your life you don't want me anymore! Calvin I look so much better than her!"
"Will you SHUT UP!"
I had never yelled at her before so I could see the fear in her eyes.
"You're a total bitch now! You tell tam she was my black mistake?! No you were my second choice! You refer to my daughter as a mutt because she's not fully white? Yes she's mixed but you will not refer to her as that! God Jamie you make me so mad. You married me and you knew i had a kid I was trying to get back and you supported me all the way to the finish line but now that we're here you don't want the prize? You knew what you got yourself into!" I was breathing so hard my chest felt enflamed!
"Calvin I'm so so sorry I didn't think you would get so mad. I- I just... Oh you're right I've been a bitch. I didn't want you to win because I thought you'd lose interest in me."
"I lost interest in you not because I won but because how you became since I won!" And with that I walked out. I went up to our room and turned the light out and went to sleep.
••••
"Wakey Wakey!" I hear Jamie say
I wake up to smell breakfast and see Jamie and Ari on my bed.
"Good morning!"
"I thought we could have a family day. We can go to the park and have a picnic!" Jamie exclaimed
"Yeah uhmm sounds good?!"
"I made breakfast too!!"
"But you can't cook?"
"They say if you can read you can cook!"
Ari got off the bed and grabbed my hand "get up daddy!"
I get up and start chasing her and I caught her. Me and Ari started laughing until she paused and said "Daddy you need to go brush your teeth!" I did as my little princess told me to and got dressed. We went to the park and I pushed Ari on the swings and Jamie Swung along side her. And we all played freeze tag! And when we were done we all had a picnic then went home. Something didn't feel right about the situation but I'm happy everyone got along finally. And right before I went to bed Jamie told me how much she liked Ari. All I knew was I couldn't wait to take her home tomorrow just to see my beautiful Tam.