Chapter 16

When we sit down in the Great Hall, food magically appears in front of us.
"Lily! Sweets is downstairs in the kitchens, I got her here. I hope she stays for many years." Headmistress calls going up to her podium. I smile at her.

We all dig in, Draco is with Blaise and Theodore Nott. I check over at him to make sure he's ok, and it seems he does the same. We always smile at each other when we do and i still get butterflies.

He eats a green apple and smiles when i look over to him with a red apple.

'Green are better' he mouths.

'You're wrong' I smile. He laughs and mouths

'You wish.'

We both laugh and i engage in conversation with my family.

"Good evening everyone!" Headmistress says stepping to the gold podium. We all cheer at the sound of her voice. The food disappears and she starts.

"I first want to say thank you, students. The one who fought and the ones who went home, yes you who went home. You saved more loss. I thank you. For those who fought, i am sorry that you have become a murderer now. That can never be regained. But, this year will be better. I want the Head boy and Girls to please stand up!"

When we stand up the hall erupts into applause.

We both smile at each other.

"Now, Lily, if you could." Headmistress asks. I nod and make my way up there. They all look at me confused but i just walk up.

"Good evening everyone. In case you don't know, i'm Lily Potter. I'd have to start from the beginning to tell you just how weird my life was growing up. I had my scar for as long as i could remember, not knowing how it got there, and more importantly, i didn't know who BT was. Harry and I, we grew up like we were rubbish on the side of the street. And we got used to it. By the time we turned 11 my family and i were hiding out in the middle of the ocean because Harry and I kept receiving letters from Hogwarts. Our uncle hated that. At midnight exactly, Professor Hagrid kicked down the door in the tiny stone hut. He introduced himself. Then he gave us a cake to share and he told us how our parents died.

"'You're a wizard Harry. And you, a witch Lilian.' He said. We didn't believe it. Until he gave us our letters. Then he took us to the Leaky Cauldron, and then to Diagon Alley. We got all our school stuff, and then Hagrid gave us owls for our birthdays. I still have mine, but Hedwig died in an attack. First year was interesting and i met my best friends. Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Neville, Fred, and George. Second year i was petrified. When Harry defeating the Basilisk, he had no idea how that magic was used, or that it would be a part of his life now. He and I told each other everything. We still do.

"Year three came around and Hermione threw a wicked punch at Draco, now my fiance, we look back at that and laugh. Most importantly, we found out that we had a godfather that was really close to our parents. Sirius Black."

There was an outbreak of murmuring.

"Yes. We helped him escape Hogwarts. That was us. He was trying, along with Remus Lupin, was trying to find Peter Pettigrew. He was the one who cowardly told Voldemort about our whereabouts, killing our parents. They tried to kill him. Harry showed Peter mercy.

"Year four came and Harry's name was called out from the Goblet of Fire and i can't even begin to describe how scared i was. Dumbledore allowed me to be with him at all times, besides the obvious. When he had interviews, i could go with him, when he needed help, i could somewhat help him. I was scared beyond my wits. That previous summer Cedric and his father along with the Weasley's, Hermione and then us, we went to the Quidditch world cup. Cedric and I became good friends. We talked a lot at the Yule ball, when, of course, Fred and I weren't dancing. Fred Weasley took me to the dance. We even dated. But he left in 5th year and we broke it off.

"Dolores Umbridge was a horrible human being. That's all i have to say about her. In year 5 Sirius died from the hands of Bellatrix and I went after her in rage, seconds from killing her. Harry ran after me, he thought i would die. Bellatrix was suddenly disappeared and Harry and I were left with Dumbledore and Voldemort. Voldemort tried to posses Harry and I could just stand there. That's all. I watched my brother overcome the pain and i couldn't be prouder of him.

"Then year six came. Draco confessed his love for me and that was that. I was hooked. He was a Death Eater. He has the mark. Voldemort chose him to kill Dumbledore. When he wasn't with me, he was doing his deed. He didn't tell me this. I had no idea. The night that Dumbledore died our scars burned. Harry and i were together and our scars burned at the same time. We quickly ran up to go to Dumbledore's office, but Professor Mcgonagall stopped us and told us he was in the astronomy tower. We ran there and was quickly ushered beneath the floor. We didn't have time to ask questions.

"We hid there, our wands drawn and we heard the crack sound of apparating. Then we heard Bellatrix and some other death eaters. They were laughing. I almost screamed when i felt another want poke me in the shoulder. It was Severus Snape, wand at the ready and his index finger pressed to his lips telling me to not make a sound.

"He walked up above the floor. Harry and I could see everything from below in a crack. Well, almost everything. What we couldn't see was Draco was doing most of the act that Snape was speaking. When Snape 'disarmed' Dumbledore it was really Draco casting the spell. They were angled to where it looked like Snape was casting the spell. Then Draco left the tower out of fear and Snape proceeded to kill Dumbledore. Snape left as soon as he did to find Draco and yell at him m for being such a fool when i was just below. He told Draco, never to tell me. That he'd lose me just like Snape did my mother. When i saw Dumbledore fall down the tower, Harry had to cover my mouth so i wouldn't scream, giving the Death eaters our location. I put up a fight, though it was like my throat was closing so i couldn't make a sound.

"Then the war happened and we fell apart. Lives were lost. Even death Eater family members. And for that i could never be more sorry. Even the ones here that have a death eater relative. I am sorry that they have died. I am sorry for your friends and siblings' lives being lost. I can never stop apologizing.

"But i want this year to be a great year! And i know we can if we work together! Who's with me?" I finish. Everyone bursts out clapping.

"That's what i thought! We are Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! We are one big family! Gryffindors and Slytherins, you too!" I yell over the clapping. There is a lot of whooping and clapping. I smile and go over to my family.

This is going to be a great year.