Chapter One

Daniella

I pull my jean jacket over my arms and grab my phone from the table by the door. It has been blowing up and vibrating like crazy the entire morning. I haven't had time to check my messages or anything. With my schedule as packed as it is, I have been too busy preparing to even think of looking at my phone.

I slept through three of my alarms and I already know my boss is not going to like it if I show up late again. She will say I am wasting her time and my talents.

Blah blah blah.

I grab my keys and run out the door to my car.

I lift my phone up to my face and scan the unknown number.

I really don't have time for this right now. I need to get to work now or I will lose my job.

I speed down the street and race towards my building.

I park the car sloppily in a spot and grab my bag before running into the building and sprinting up the crazy flights of stairs.

I throw my bag on a chair in the lobby and open the door into the studio

"I am so sorry I am late. My alarm-" I try to explain myself.

"Save it. This could be your big break, Daniella. I don't need you blowing it now. Get in there and do what you do best- actually, the only thing you do: look pretty."

The same moment she closes her mouth, my phone rings. I glance down at it.

The same number that has been calling me all morning.

"I have to take this. It's very important. I'll be right back." I lie, wanting to get out of the situation before I cry and ruin my three minutes of makeup and make myself look even worse.

I walk out of the room and find a silent area where I can hear the caller clearly.

"Hello?" I answer their call for the first time this morning, wondering what could be so important that they need to blow up my phone in order to get my attention.

"Hi. Is this Daniella Anderson?" The man on the other end asks.

"You seem pretty positive that is is me to have called what-" I pull my phone away from my ear to see the exact number. "Sixty-seventy times roughly?"

"I need to speak with you. It is very important." He sounds like he is in a hurry.

"Well then, speak." I laugh. If this is really so important, why hasn't he gotten to the point of his phone calls yet?

"I have a proposition for you. One that I hope is so tempting that you can't possibly turn it down, Daniella. You are perfect for what I need." He starts.

Here we go. Another agency wanting to hire a pretty blonde for their yearly calendar. I already have a shitty job. I don't need another one.

"What is it?" I ask, wanting to get this call done and over with already. "I have clients waiting."

"I have a client. He is, let's say, a challenge. I need someone who is upbeat and positive enough to help him become a better person. Like you. You are perfect for this job Daniella. Please say you will do it." He begs me through the phone.

"Look, I don't even know how you got my number but here's the thing. I already have a job and it pays pretty well. You sound like a creep. Who calls a girl almost seventy times just to offer her a job? Sorry dude but I have to get back to my actual job." I turn down his offer.

"I saw you in an interview and I knew you would be perfect. I called your agency to get your number. I am not a creep. I promise. I am just desperate for help." He continues to beg and explain himself before I am able to hang up.

I sigh. What does this guy want from me? "I don't even know what this job is. I am a model. Is that what you want? Some pictures? I can have my agent send over as many shots as you want. But for right now, I'm actually getting paid for my presence here and I'm wasting their time talking to you. Goodbye."

"I will pay you triple whatever they pay you now. Monthly." He stops me before I can hang up.

"Fine. I'm listening. What does this job entail?" I ask before agreeing to anything.

"You will have to meet my client and help him boost his public image. By posing as his girlfriend when he goes out, his ratings will go through the roof and he will ultimately become a better person because of being around you all the time. All you have to do is hold his hand and make him smile when you are outside together." He explains the job he is going to pay me triple what I am getting now to do.

Why should I leave my perfectly acceptable job here and start a completely new one just to make someone else look good? I should be putting myself first. You can't get anywhere in show business if all you do it worry about other people's images... you need to worry about your own.

But, by taking this job and getting even more money than I was before, I am helping myself by increasing my financial security and stability... It may also boost my social standings.

It seems like a good idea. I mean, how hard can it be?

"Find. It's a deal. I'll do it." I agree to his proposition.

"Okay! Great. Thank you so much, Daniella. I will text you the information you will need and I will send the ticket later tonight." He expresses his joy through his words. I can imagine him sitting on his couch and leaping up into the air with excitement after I said yes.

"Ticket?" I shake my head. "What ticket? To get into a movie or something?" I do not understand.

"You are going to need a ticket to get on the plane. Without it you can't get over to your new job." He laughs as if it is obvious.

"Plane?" I shake my head. "Where is this job located?" I have never been on a plane before. I have lived in America for most of my life. Excluding my first few years in Canada.

"Sydney, Australia."

AN: First chapter! Hope you guys enjoy this story. Please remember to vote and comment!