Chapter Seventy- Nine

Michael

I walk back inside Daniella's room and place the bottle of soda down on the bed side table before opening it and pouring a bit of it in to a glass for her.

I hand her the glass and help her sit up so she can drink it. "Little sips, Dani." I instruct her. If she drinks too much at a time, it may upset her stomach even more.

I grab the empty glass from her and place it on the table next to the bed before crawling over her to get back in to the bed.

Daniella curls back up in a tiny ball and stares at the blank wall as I begin to rub circles on her back.

"Is there something you might want to tell me Dani?" I ask, hoping she will be honest with me. I really want to know what is going on with her. I have a theory but I need more facts to prove it. She shakes her head. "Does this have anything to do with your dizziness yesterday?" I continue collecting information. She shrugs. "Do you not know or do you just not want to tell me?"

She shrugs again. I sigh. "I will figure out what is going on with you." I watch as her eyes slowly flutter shut. "But for now, get some rest princess."

I remove my hand from her back and start to stroke her hair. I actually did a very good job of putting all her hair in to a pony tail. I have to give myself a job well done for that!

Daniella's breathing slows down and I know she must have fallen asleep.

In the next room over, I hear two people giggling. Curious, I get out of bed slowly so I don't disturb Daniella and walk out in to the hall.

"Calum?" I ask, knocking on his door.

"Come on in!" Calum laughs as I turn the knob and walk inside. Immediately, I see Zoe and Calum laying on their stomachs in the middle of the floor playing monopoly.

"I just landed on one of her properties and now I have to pay her a shit ton of rent!" Calum scoffs.

"Yeah, and now he doesn't want to pay it. He is trying to bribe me!" Zoe laughs as she holds her hand out. "Pay up, pretty boy."

I shake my head and smile. They are good together. I really think they are going places. "Daniella would love to play this."

"Well, come on in and play. We will start over." Calum waves his arm.

"That's no fair!" Zoe shouts. "You only want to start over so you can try to beat me!" She laughs. "Cheat."

"Nah, I think today is just a lay in bed kind of day." I turn down his offer.

"Lay in bed. I got you." Calum. "Make sure you lock the door." He winks.

I shake my head and sigh. "That's not what I meant. I- I have something to tell you."

Calum's smile drops. He can tell my tone was serious.

"Sure, what is it?" He asks, siting up.

I wave Calum out of the room. This is a private matter. And no offense to Zoe, I don't know her well enough to include her on this. "Sorry. Zoe."

I walk in to the hall and wait for him to close the door and join me.

"Here, let's go in to my room. There is more privacy in there." I walk next door to my room and close the door. "I think Daniella is-" I pause.

"What?" He asks.

"Um-" I pick at my lip to find the right words to say to him about this.

"What is it Mike? You can tell me anything." Calum places his hand on mine.

I shake my head. I can't tell Calum. I can't tell anyone yet. It's too soon to tell anyone.

"It's just- Daniella is sick. That's all it is."

Calum laughs. "Why couldn't you just say that in my room with Zoe?" He shakes his head.

"Yeah, you are right. Sorry." I apologize.

"Well," Calum opens the door. "Thanks for telling me. I'm going to go play the game again. Let me know if you need anything."

"Yeah." I nod as he leaves.

I walk back in to Daniella's room and crawl back in to bed with her.