Chapter Fourteen

Michael

Hours have passed. I sat through the torture of those three dimwits downstairs writing songs for a new album and singing parts in the process. Saying that this is torture is the complete and utter understatement of the year.

But now it is finally time to take Daniella out.

I couldn't be more excited. Or nervous. I am mostly nervous actually. She makes me feel all queasy inside. And not the bad kind either. The good kind. Like the butterfly in your stomach kind. I have never felt this way about anyone before. I am not quite sure if I even like this feeling yet.

I stand in front of my closet and wonder what to wear. This is the kind of question you are supposed to ask your parents. But in this situation, I can't ask them. Any of them. Nor can I ask one of my sisters. They would probably have the best fashion sense if they were still here today. I know it.

I bite my lower lip, my tongue playing with the cold metal loop on the edge of my mouth.

"Hey mum. I really want to impress this girl. I think I might really like her. What should I wear?" I whisper to myself, wishing she was actually in the room, ready to pick somethingoff the hanger and tell me to treat her right.

I turn to my dresser and pull out a pair of socks. I can at least start with theses. Socks are pretty simple, right? I think so. Nobody sees them anyways.

I turn around to find one of my suit jackets laying on the floor. I smirk to myself. How ironic that is just fell off randomly.

My mum is here watching over me.

I pick it up and dust it off. She wants me to wear this one. So I will wear it.

"Thanks mum." I hold the fabric close to my face, wishing I could just smell her perfume one last time

I slide the jacket over my white button down shirt and find the matching pants in my dresser.

Opening my bedroom door, I stop in the doorframe as Daniella walks out of her room at the same time I walk out of mine.

She looks stunning. Beautiful. I wish I had exact words to describe just how wonderful she looks right now.

The dress she chose to wear is absolutely wonderful. And not just the fact that the neckline plunges far enough down to give me an interesting image, but how she looks in it. The dress makes her look even more beautiful than she already is. Wow.

And she smells great

And she smells great. She smells like, like, like my mum. She smells like my mum.

I look up at the ceiling and thank my mother silently for letting me smell her perfume one last time, just like I asked. She has already granted me so many things tonight.

She gave me a beautiful girl, the right outfit to wear, and a little piece of her to smell all night long.

I can't help but smile. I can't explain it. I have only known Daniella for a very short amount of time but she makes me feel something I haven't felt in a long time.

Happy.

"You look-" I shake my head, speechless.

"Like a stuffed pig?" Daniella finishes the sentence I was not able to. However, that is not nearly close to what I was going to say. "Well, that would be true because I think this dress is about a size too small. I can hardly breathe in it." She laughs, half heartedly, and fixes it as it shifts up.

"We can just order some new dresses for you. We can do a little online shopping. Or I could just buy a clothing store and you could have whatever you like? That might be easier." I offer, wanting her to be happy with what she wears.

She shakes her head. "I brought plenty of clothes with me. I can live without one dress, Michael. Don't bother. You guys already spent so much money filling my room with clothes and perfumes. I don't need anything else. Really." She turns down my offer politely.

"Speaking of perfume, you smell great. I think my mum used the same perfume. You walked out and I saw her face in my head." I speak before thinking. Daniella doesn't want to know that.

"Really? This scent is one of my favorites. Even though you guys stocked my room with various scented perfumes when I moved in, I still prefer this one. I'll have to wear it more often. It smells lovely." Daniella fixes her dress again.

"Do you want to change your dress?" I ask, watching her struggle to get it do sit right on her.

"Oh, Do you not like this one?" She asks, her shoulders slumping over as she looks down at it.

"No, no, I love it. But I don't think you do. Go ahead and change into something a little more comfortable. I'll wait for you downstairs." I smile as she nods and slips back into her room.

I want her to feel good. She might look good, but if she isn't comfortable, she won't have any fun tonight. I want her to have fun.

I walk down the stairs and wait by the front door, grabbing my keys from the little dish in the hall.

Daniella walks down the stairs just moments later, clinging to the railing as her heels wobble helplessly underneath her legs. I think this might be her first time wearing these shoes. I might be wrong, knowing nothing about high heels and all, but I might be right.

I reach my hand out and help her down the remaining steps she thanks me with a silent nod and clings to my arm as we walk out into the slightly brisk air. It got really cold out all of the sudden.

I help her into the car and shut the door behind her.

Smirking, I walk around to the drivers side.

Daniella is in for the night of her life.