Chapter Five

Daniella

I glance around at everyone, my heart calming down from the lack of adrenaline pumping through it.

"Well," I break the silence with a fake laugh. "Isn't he just a breath of fresh air!"

The awkwardness in the room is prevalent enough to reach out and grab. It is amazing how three people can be so scared of one person. A person they are supposed to be best friends with.

Incredible. Just incredible.

I feel bad for them. All they want to do is make music. Instead they have to hide in their bedrooms in fear of their bandmate lashing out and killing someone by throwing a glass bottle at their heads.

Poor guys.

I don't blame them for being afraid of their own shadows. This- this, animal- they live with is a nightmare. I can only imagine what it is like when I am not around. What was so bad that they called me?

"That right there is exactly why we need your help. Please help us. Make him better." Calum begs at my feet, hugging my ankles like a child begging his mother for a bit of desert before his dinner.

"The agency said you could help us, can you? Will you?" Luke asks, hoping I can be the end to his nightmare. That I can make Michael better.

I am not positive that I can. They saw what he did to me. How he treated me. He held me like a doll.

But I have to try. These boys need my help. I can't just abandon them now. They have entrusted me and brought me into their lives. I can't let them down. I only just met them, but I have idolized them for years watching them on the tv screen.

They are my heroes. And now they need me to be their hero, to save them. I would be honored to help. I am obligated to help them now. I made a promise to them and the people I now work for.

"Well," I pause as if weighing my options. "I do like a bit of a challenge." I smile, watching their faces light up with hope.

"So you will stay and help us?" Ashton asks, making sure that is what I meant.

"I'll stay." Smiles force their way onto their faces as they all lunge to hug me at the same time. "Um." I smile as they pull away. "Not to ruin the moment or anything but where should I unpack-?"

"Oh yeah. The bedroom at the end of the hall up the stairs. You can have that one. Or any one of them actually. We have quite a few extra bedrooms." Ashton smiles, giving me instructions to my new room.

I grab my bags and carry them up the stairs. "You want help with those?" Luke offers.

I shake my head. "I've got them. Thanks."

I walk down the hallway, admiring the beautiful decor up here. If it is even possible, I think the upstairs is even more beautiful than down there. I walk past a closed door and wonder if Michael is behind it. I wonder if I should knock and apologize.

 I wonder if I should knock and apologize

No. What he did to me was much worse than what I did to him. If anyone should apologize, it's him.

I walk past it and into my new room.

My jaw nearly drops at the sight of the bed I am going to be sleeping in. This entire house is beautifully decorated. But this room is special. It looks like they went out and bought things for me specifically. New clothes are laid out on the bedspread nice and neat for me. Lotions and perfumes on the desk. It looks like a Bath and Body Works threw up in here!

They went out and bought me things to make me feel comfortable here.

These boys are so rich I probably can't even count as high as this room cost.

I place my bags on the bed, being extra careful not to ruin the new dresses and clothes they bought.

I lift my head and admire the room as a whole. It is beautiful.

My eyes lock on a door opposite me. I walk over and open it.

A bathroom. A built in bathroom!

I didn't even have a bathroom in my old apartment. I had to go out in the hall to use a toilet. How cool is this?! My very own bathroom!

I walk inside and run my fingers along the marble counter tops.

I look up in the mirror and gasp, grabbing my heart and jumping around.

"What are you doing?!" I rush over to Michael, who is rummaging through my bag. He holds up a pair of lace underwear and smirks.

"Cute." He points to them as I rip my undergarment out of his hands. "You bring those just for me?" He smirks and winks at me. "I told you, you aren't really my type. But I will make an exception if you put those on and dance for me."

I choke on my own spit and point to the door. "Get out."

"It's my house. I pay for it." He steps around the bed, getting closer to me.

"You pay for one fourth of it." I correct him.

"And how much of it do you pay for?" He tilts his head. "This is my quarter. So that means I get to be in here whenever I want." He smiles, knowing he has won this.

He stands over me, making me very uncomfortable in my own skin.

"How are you supposed to pretend to be my girlfriend if looking at me makes you nervous?" He asks, leaning in closer.

The space between us now smaller than an inch.

"You know, I wouldn't have to pretend if-"

He laughs in my face. "If what? You were actually my girlfriend?! Not going to happen, princess. I told you once, you aren't my type." He turns around to walk away. "I'm not really into babies."

He closes the door behind him and leaves without letting me explain myself.

"No- I meant-" I sigh as he laughs in the other room. "I meant if you behaved better I wouldn't need to be here." I shake my head and begin unpacking. "You aren't my type either. I like men with class." I mumble to myself under my breath, smirking at my humor. I crack myself up sometimes.