Chapter Twenty-Five

Daniella

I stand in the middle of the steamy and hot bathroom with a large white towel wrapped around my sore body.

I stare at myself in the mirror and trace my visible cuts softly with my finger, still wondering how exactly they got there.

Though appearing much cleaner, the large cut on my face does not look any better than it did before my shower. I will have to use some makeup to cover it up and look presentable for the cameras.

Though, I do have a very strong feeling Michael will want to keep me close by his side to keep me sheltered and well protected for as long as he can without any cameras interfering.

The soothing pattern of the water did not help my mind relax any like I thought it would have. I still feel tense and confused about all of last night's events. I still do not remember anything that happened.

The fact that Michael- or any of them for that matter- will not tell me exactly what happened, makes me feel even worse about it. I know that means it must have been very bad for none of them to want to talk to me about it.

I walk out of the bathroom and in to my room and glance over at the bed.

'What's the hurry baby girl?' A voice behind me speaks in a raspy tone, sending chills through my body. I turn around to see who is talking. No one is behind me. I turn again and search the room rapidly with my eyes. No one.

'Let's have a little fun before the night is wasted.'

I spin myself around, grabbing on to my towel as it loosens around me. Who is talking? Who is that? Where is the voice even coming from? I do not see anyone in here. How was the voice so vivid and clear if no one is standing near me?

Panic builds up inside me and anticipation grows within my head and heart. Where is that voice coming from? What do his words mean? And why do they sound so familiar?

I turn to my dresser and search for something to defend myself with. I grab a large and unopened bottle of strawberry lotion to protect myself.

After finding nothing better to beat an attacker with, I convince myself smashing someone in the head with a large bottle filled with lotion will at least daze a man and give me time to escape and get help from the boys downstairs.

I grab on to the top of my towel with my other hand, making sure it will not fall as I search for the scary and mysterious source of the voice. I walk down the hall, pressing myself against the wall to make sure that no one can possibly sneak up behind me.

Shadows dance on the wall as she sun moves through the curtains in each of the rooms.

A shadowed figure walks out of one of the many rooms and crashes straight in to me. The two of us scream at the same time. Backing up away from him, I take the opportunity of his shock to smash him in the head with the bottle of lotion I chose as a weapon.

"Ow!" He shouts, covering his head as I smack him again at the top of his head. I step away and find the light. "What was that for?!" He asks, leaning on the wall and rubbing the two areas where I hit him.

Oh my gosh. I just bashed Ashton's head in with a bottle of lotion. What was I thinking?!

A stampede of elephants run up the stairs and joins us in the hallway. I lean against the opposite wall and shake my head.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Michael asks, very concerned for the both of us, stepping closer to address the situation.

"I-" Michael looks at me as I begin to speak. I do not have any words. What was I thinking? What is wrong with me? I hit Ashton, twice, without even thinking. What have I done? What have I done?

I drop the bottle of lotion. It falls to the floor, the cap popping off. If it were opened, there would be strawberry lotion pooling on to the floor right about now.

"She tried to kill me with a goddamned lotion bottle." Ashton answers Michael for me, rubbing his head to try to get rid of the pain. "Bloody Hell." He groans in pain.

"I was scared." I shake my head in disbelief in my actions. "I am so sorry, Ashton."

"What was a bottle of lotion supposed to do?!" Ashton asks, raising his voice a bit in anger and apparent pain. I hurt him.

I drop my shoulders, no longer needing to be defensive. "Well, it stopped you." I speak, immediately regretting what I said after I spoke it.

"Not funny. That shit hurts like hell."

"I'm sorry. I thought- I-" I look around at everyone. They are as confused as Ashton is.

What was I thinking? I should have looked before hitting him. Why did I even hit him in the first place? Why was I so paranoid? What part of my brain thought that was the best thing to do?

"Daniella," Michael looks at me, trying his best not to laugh.

I turn around and walk back in to my room, not wanting to look at anyone for the rest of my life. Ashton must hate me now for what I have done to him. He did nothing and I attacked him. I do not blame him for being angry with me.