Chapter Three

Daniella

"Me. The problem lies with me." He says.

The way he speaks makes all the little hairs on the base of my neck stand up straight in fear. Chills run all the way up my spine.

Though I can not see him, I am already afraid of him. I can tell by their faces, that the guys in front of me are scared of him for a good reason. A reason I wish I did not have to find out.

I turn around to look at what I am going to be dealing with exactly.

Vampire? Werewolf? Sasquatch maybe?

Nothing could possibly be worse than a terrifying mythical monster, right?

He stands on the bottom step, leaned up against the metal railing. Shifting his weight off the step and walking over to me, he hovers over me, smirking the slightest bit as he smells the fear radiating off of my entire body.

He knows what he is doing. He knows how fearful I- and everyone else in the room - is of him. He likes it. He thrives off of it.

Dark and cryptic tattoos cover his entire body, at least from what I can see if it. Wearing a black tank top that covers hardly any skin on his torso and shorts just above his knees, I am seeing much more than I intended.

An abundance of piercings compliment his tattoos. His ears pierced more than a few times. A lip piercing and a few shiny jewels on his eyebrows.

I imagine his artwork costs more than my entire life put together. I can't even imagine how many tattoos he has on the covered parts of his body.

He is very scary to look at. I hope his personality is better than his appearance.

I try to never judge a book by its cover, you know? However, this book looks a lot like something I would never want to read in my entire lifetime. But here it is, sitting in front of me, open on the table, begging me to read its pages.

I am guessing by the way he struck his band mates completely silent just by walking down the stairs and showing himself, his personality probably isn't much better than his looks.

He walks even closer to me, forcing me back against a nearby wall.

I place my fingertips on the cold wall and hope he will stop before my entire body is plastered to it.

He towers over me, glaring down at me as my back finally hits the surface of the wall.

He scares me more that I have ever been scared in my entire life. All of the monsters lurking under my bed and hiding in my closet as a child are no where close to the fright I am filled with because of his presence before me.

And he has only spoken six words to me.

He presses me into the wall with one hand on my hip and breathes down my neck, his hot breath burning my skin. "I hear you are my new girlfriend, yeah?" He asks, already knowing the answer. I swallow the spit pooling in my mouth and nod slowly, hoping if I don't move, he will back up and chose another prey to hunt.

His eyes scan my body, up and down, taking in every inch as if it matters. He runs his fingers up and down my right arm, sending chills through my body.

"Little bit too short for my type." He scoffs and steps back, allowing me much needed room to breathe. I place my hand over my chest in an attempt to calm my breathing, without any luck. "And I'm not really into blondes. Maybe you could dye it?"

He turns away and walks back towards the stairs. I drop my hand to my side and step away from the wall, never wanting to feel it on my skin ever again.

"Little bit too pushy for my type." I smirk as I whisper my thoughts under my breath.

If I had known it would be like this, I would have never quit my job and flown out here for this.

He turns around and lunges for me, grabbing my shoulders as he growls in my face, "what did you just say?!"

I am stricken mute. I can not speak. I have forgotten how to form a word with my mouth. What would I even say if I could speak?

He shakes me violently, wanting an answer I can not give him at this very moment.

"I-" I squeak. I didn't mean for my remark to be heard, especially not by him.

The other three boys leap at him, trying to pull him away from me before he can cause any harm.

I lift my hands and place both of them on his chest, pushing him away.

He stumbles back and brushes their hands off of him. Attitude spilling out of his body, he stands in front of me waiting for me to explain myself. I point my finger at him, adrenaline giving me a boost of much needed confidence.

"Listen. I am just here to help you guys. This does not have to be a full time thing. I just need to make you look pretty in public." I wave my fingers for affect. He did this to himself. He has no one to blame but himself. I am here to try and help him out of this hole he has dug himself so far down into.

He rolls his eyes and crosses his arms over his chest in disapproval.

"I know you don't want me here. None of you probably want a complete stranger in your home. But I have to be, unfortunately. This isn't some movie where you get to just do whatever the hell you want! This is Earth and you follow the rules that have been set! That is how it works!" I roll my eyes back.

He seems to think he is exempt from the rules.

"I don't know exactly what is wrong here. But I do know for a fact that I do not need this type of monster in my life!"