Chapter Nineteen

Michael

The four of us sit on the couch, waiting for the girls to come home. I even never realized how interesting Daniella made my life until she was not in it for a day. I really miss her. When will she be back?

It has been so boring here without her all day. All Luke has been doing is talking about how amazing Abby is and how great she is during their 'late night cuddle time', as he called it.

The other two constantly complain about not having girlfriends to spend their time with or talk about with any of their mates.

Why don't they just get management to hire them one like they did for me? I would say it worked pretty well for me. They should try it. It may work out for them better than they thought as well.

The front door opens, sending me springing off the couch as fast as I can to greet Daniella. I have missed her so much. I can not wait to see what kind of dress she got.

I can't believe I get to hold her hand on live television in front of thousands. I can officially introduce her as my girlfriend. Wow. I think I might even smile for the cameras as they all flash in our faces and make us look as white as ghosts.

I watch as Abby sets her purse down on the stairs and brings the dress bags in to the kitchen, laying them on the counter. I look at the door, wondering if Daniella is grabbing something from the car and got stuck behind Abby. She is still out there for some reason.

I walk outside to help her. Maybe it is heavy. Maybe the two of them bought a bunch of shoes as well as the dresses. That would be nice. I'm sure Daniella would love new shoes.

I look inside the car and find nothing inside. There is no sign of Daniella either. Weird.

Where is she?

I know for a fact she did not come inside. I would have seen her walk past me to get up the stairs.

"Daniella?" I walk back inside and over to her and ask Abby after discovering she is not in the car or outside at all.

"What about her?" She asks, sitting down at the table and treating herself to a glass of water.

"Um," I scoff. Really? She doesn't already know what I am going to ask? "Where is she?!" I ask, raising my voice. I am trying my best not to lash out and bash her stupid head into the wall right now. "Where is Daniella?"

"Relax tiger. She is your fake girlfriend. You do not actually need to care and know where she is at all times. Maybe she needed a little space. That is why she wanted to walk home. She should be back soon. Or maybe she just won't come back because she hates it here. I don't really know." Abby laughs as I feel my face turn a bright red color from anger pent up inside of me at the moment.

"Abby." I try my best to be calm, looking outside at the darkness. "Where is she?"

I am really worried about her. This is no longer funny. I need to know where she is so I can make sure she is okay.

"I don't really know. I dropped her somewhere along the highway. She is probably on her way into town right about now." She shrugs and looks at herself in the reflection on her phone.

"It is a twenty minute car ride to the store you went to. What made you think it was even remotely okay to let her walk home alone?!" I shout, slamming my fist angrily in to the table she is sitting at.

"She wanted to. She begged me to let her out. And plus, it was only like three and a half miles when I dropped her off. It was not the whole thing. I am not that mean. Though she insisted on walking home from the store. I would not let her. You should be thanking me. So calm down. She is probably fine." She returns to looking at her reflection.

"Probably?" I ask, infuriated at how clam she is being.

Something is not right here. Something happened in that car ride. Daniella would never want to walk home. She does not know the area well enough to get herself home. She would not be so stupid as to walk along a highway. Abby is lying to me. Why?

"Yeah, I mean, what could possibly happen to an attractive, young girl walking home alone in the dark?" She shrugs and answers a text.

Luke walks in and kisses the top of Abby's head.

"Your girlfriend is a dick." I grab my keys. "I am going to find Daniella."

"I do not think it is physically possible for me to be a dick, Michael." Cassandra corrects me. "I have a vagina."

"Congratulations. You just discovered that you can be a duck despite not having one." I shake my head.

"Wait- find Daniella? What?" Luke asks, concerning Ashton and Calum.

"Yeah. Dipshit here dropped her off in the middle of nowhere and let her walk." I scoff. "I'll be back with Daniella once I find her."

"Do you want us to come with?" Ashton offers.

I stop to think. I could possibly need help searching for her in the dark.

"No. But thanks." I nod in appreciation.

Ashton, puzzled to say the least, nods back.

"I wouldn't go find her. She really wanted to be alone for once. You are smothering her. She told me that." Abby speaks , trying to get past Luke to stop me.

"Screw you, Abby."