Chapter Seventy- Four

Daniella

I stand myself up and move to the sink to splash some water in my face. I have to put on a pretty face and get to work. Everything is fine.

Walking downstairs, I make eye contact with Michael. He is skeptical of my well-being today. I can see it in his face and eyes.

"Alright. Lets go." Luke counts heads with his finger and nods. "Everyone is here."

"Go where?" I ask, not knowing everyone had plans for today already.

"Zoe found this great fair that is going on this week. They have this cool new rollercoaster I really want to try!" Calum buzzes with excitement.

I nod and smile with joy. There is definitely something between him and Zoe. I will find out what it is.

"Sounds like a great idea. Lets go!" I laugh as Calum continues to show his excitement on his face and throughout his entire body.

Everyone piles in to the van and Ashton assumes the position of driver.

I hold on to the door handle as Ashton drives down the road. The unsteadiness of the car is making me dizzy.

"Dani," Michael taps on my thigh. "Are you alright?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm just looking out the window." I nod my head. I don't want him to know I am dizzy. It is probably just dehydration.

No big deal.

"You look stoned, Daniella." Michael looks in to my eyes, turning my face towards his and holding it there. "Your eyes are bloodshot."

"I don't know what to tell you,Michael. You were wrapped around me all night. When would I have the time to get the drugs out?" I look over to see the uncomfortableness on everyone's face, especially Zoe's.

I hang my head in shame for making all of them feel awkward to be around me. This is going to be different than before. I can tell already. I will have to be careful with what I say.

"Here!" Ashton shouts as he turns in to the busy parking lot. He circles the area and looks for an open spot. Finding one far away from the actual event, he laughs. "Guess we are going to have to walk."

Everyone gets out of the car and stands in a semicircle. We all stare at each other.

"Okay so," Luke breaks the silence. "How do we want to do this?" He asks, trying to get a plan to get us moving rather than standing, doing nothing.

"How about we do the new roller coaster first?" I suggest. I look over at Michael. "Race ya." I smirk.

He grabs my wrist as I turn around to run. "No running. I don't want you to get hurt."

I roll my eyes at him. "I'm fine."

"No running." I groan as he makes himself sound more stern. I can't believe he is trying to parent me right now. I am an adult I can do whatever I want.

I watch longingly as everyone else takes off, racing one another. "Meet ya there!" Ashton exclaims, looking back at us.

"Look at how much fun they are having!" I sigh, pointing.

"Dani, something is going on with you. Just tell me what it is." Michael turns towards me, stepping closer.

"It's nothing, Michael. Can we please just go have some fun?" I shake my head. "I'm fine."

"Bullshit, Dani. I call bullshit." He says.

"Believe what you want. I'm going to have fun with my friends. Come or don't, it's up to you." I shrug my shoulder and turn, running in the direction I saw everyone else go.

I am going to have fun today, despite him worrying about me.

To think of it, if anyone got that little spat of ours on camera, there are going to be rumors flying everywhere in a short amount of time. I need to do whatever I can to make sure Michael looks good in the media. That little fight is not going to help at all. I hope he makes the right decision to come ride with us or else it might crush his slow climbing reputation and put him all the way back at the bottom again.

I find the others in line for the roller coaster. Surprisingly, the line is short. The people who work on the roller coaster ask them to come up to the front of the line. Luke turns him down. "The line is short. Besides, we are just normal people today."

"Where's Michael?" Ashton asks.

"He's pouting somewhere." I joke. "He should be coming soon." As I say it, Michael walks up behind me.

"I'm going to figure out what is going on here, Daniella." He growls in my ear as he snakes his fingers in between mine.

"Right after you." Calum smiles as Zoe gets on the ride. He follows. Luke and Ashton sit in the next row. Michael and I follow in the next row.

The ride starts up and within seconds we are facing the sky.

I grab Michael's hand and smile when he turns his head to look at me. "I love you, Michael."

"I love you too, Daniella." He squeezes my hand as we near the top of the ride.

I take a deep breath. "There's something I have been wanting to tell you."

"Anything." Michael smiles, a small hint of concern glistens in his eyes.