Chapter Twenty

Daniella 

I hang my head, pressing my chin in to my chest to keep the misty rain out of my face.

I walk along the sidewalk, dim street lamps occasionally lighting up the pavement. My feet are killing me. How long have I been walking? Better yet, which way do I go to get back to the house?

I pull my phone out and hold it up to find a connection. Finding a signal, I type in what I think is the correct address and hope to get directions back to the house.

I continue walking as I type. I want to get back as soon as I can. I do not want to be out here any longer than I already have been.

My phone drops to the ground as I bump in to someone walking in the opposite direction as me.

I bend down and pick it up, wiping off the rocks and water before shoving it in my pocket and standing up to go around the man.

"What's the hurry baby?" He asks, stepping in front of me as I try to get around.

I turn around and speed up my pace. This has no potential to be a good situation.

"Let's have some fun before the night is wasted." A second man stops me and backs me in go a wall. Buildings surround me as he corners me between two brick walls. "What's your name?"

His breath smells like alcohol as he nuzzles his face into my neck.

"Hel-" I try to scream.

"I would not suggest doing that again." He places his hand over my mouth and begins sucking on the base of my neck, biting me occasionally.

I squirm beneath him, trying to break free. I lift my knee up, slamming it right into his groin. He bends over in pain, leaving me a window to escape. I run towards the open road but I am talked back by the waist as quickly as I started.

The second man slams me against a wall, my head begins to pound. My knees weaken beneath me and begin to wobble uncontrollably. He takes both of my hands in his and presses himself against me. I can not move. I have no leverage to fight back. I am stuck.

I try to wriggle myself out as he releases one of my hands to remove my shirt. He pulls my shirt off with one swift motion and throws it on the ground. I squeal as his fingers trace shapes over my stomach. He lifts me off of my feet and lays me down on the ground, placing me on broken glass shards and pieces of rock.

I attempt to push him off as he straddles over my body and places his hands on my chest. The second man grabs onto my fighting arms and slams them on the ground above my head and binding them up with his belt, holding a knife up to my cheek.

He presses the blade in to my skin until I feel it penetrate. Tears flood my eyes, clouding my vision. This is it. It's over for me. I know it. There is no way for me to get out of this now. I do not want to die like this.

I squeal and try to scream as one large hand grabs on to my neck and closes its grip. His one hand is big enough to go around my entire throat.

"Shh baby girl. Don't cry." The man wrestles with the button on my pants. He sighs and gives up. He places his lips on top of mine, biting my lower lip and tugging at it.

No no. Please no. Don't let it end like this. My life was not supposed to turn out this way. I am a model not a punching bag to beat on.

I should have never said that to Abby. I may have made a fatal mistake with her. Those words are costing me my life. I wish I could take it all back.

I squint my eyes shut, wanting this to all be a dream. Please let it be a painful, violent dream.

My eyes pop open as an indescribable pain shoots through my body. From my toes to my head, sharp stabbing pains force me to move my back in an attempt to make them stop.  He digs his fingernails into my thighs, making the pain worse every second.

My vision begins to blacken as it becomes harder and harder to breathe with his hand around my neck. He is going to kill me. Either he is going to choke me to death now or he is going to do something else and more violent later. That knife is still on my cheek. I wonder if he is going to use that to gut me.

I tilt my head to the side, wanting to get away from both men. I close my eyes, and take in the sweet air as he loosens his grip on my neck.

The second man sits me up and lifts me on to my feet. I drop to my knees. He lifts me by the belt around my hands and shoves me against the wall. He places both hands around my neck and squeezes as tight as he can.

This, this is the end. Right here. Now.

Please make this stop.