Chapter Sixty- Six

Daniella

I sit in the chair, patiently waiting. For what, I am not exactly sure. I am not even positive that they will even come. Being here is a long shot.

I knew I should have never come. Something deep down inside of me told me I was making a mistake. And it is a mistake. A big one. I shouldn't have wasted my time coming here.

The door opens. I look up, anticipating. I stare at the door, waiting to see if it is who I have been waiting for. A man glares at me before walking past my seat.

I slump down in my chair, disappointed that I have to continue waiting.

Maybe I should just leave. Maybe it was not worth waiting. Maybe they won't even come.

Deciding to leave, I stand up slowly, gathering my things. The door opens again. This time, it is exactly who I expected to see.

We stare at each other, neither of us sure of what we should say to the other. Should I make the first move, should I let him speak his mind before me?

"You- you're here." Michael grins from ear to ear. "You didn't actually leave."

"I did. But I made a promise to you. I promised  I would be here. So I am." I shrug. "I don't like to break my promises."

Michael nods. "Thank you." He stares, looking me up and down. "Thank you so much."

I nod. Seeing him feels weird. I only left 12 hours ago but yet, it feels like it has been a lifetime since I have seen Michael. He feels like a distant memory I just can't get out of my head.

He also feels familiar and safe. He feels like home. He feels warm and inviting. I don't want  for him to feel that way to me. I want to feel safe and warm all by myself. I want to feel like I don't need him in my life anymore.

I do want him in my life. I love him. But, I don't want his drama in my life. I can't continue living the way I have all this time. I can not handle it anymore.

"I'm just glad I wasn't too late. I thought maybe you had come before I even got here. I didn't want to miss it." I brush a piece of my hair behind my ear.

He smiles and shakes his head. "No, you're perfect. Perfect timing. Thank you."

I purse my lips together, wishing his words didn't make me want to smile when I hear them. "So, should we go in then? Are you ready?"

Michael nods. "Now I am. Now that I know you are here."

Author's note: did you think Daniella was going to show up at the jail Michael's step-father is being held at, to be there for Michael when he needed her,

Do you think it's the right decision for her to make? Would you?