Chapter Forty

Luke

I lift my head out of my hands as I hear Daniella's voice down the hallway. "What do you mean you can't let him go? Why not?" She asks.

I elbow Ashton and walks towards them. Ashton nudges Calum and wakes him up.

I stand next to Daniella and listen at the officer talks to her. "We still have to process all of the paperwork."

"But I told you have happened!" Daniella raises her voice, beginning to make a scene. We told her not to go in there with him without a lawyer to help her out. She didn't want to listen. And now he has gone back on his word to her. I wonder what he promised her in there.

"I know you did. And I appreciate you for coming forward about this. But we still need to process everything and get the paperwork through the system." The officer explains.

"But this isn't fair!" Daniella clenches her fist by her side. "Why did you tell me you would let him go? You told me in there that you would! I trusted you! I told you horrible things!"

"Daniella," I place my hand over her fist. One more thing she didn't like and she would hit him. She is shaking with anger.

"Michael is a hero! He is sitting in jail for something he did to protect me! He doesn't deserve that! It should be them sitting in jail!" She shouts, pressing against my hand. She wants to hit him.

I grab on to her other arm as she lunges towards him, fighting against my hold. "Daniella, let's go sit in the car." I suggest.

"He lied to me!" She shouts through her tears.

"Daniella, come on." Ashton steps in between her and the cop, making sure she won't do anything stupid.

"Let me see him." She stops fighting against me and stands up straight. "I'm okay. Just let me see Michael." She takes a deep breath.

"I can't let you do that-" he begins. Daniella laughs angrily.

"Let me see him." She asserts herself.

"Ma'am," The officer holds his hand up in Daniella's face.

"Don't you call me ma'am one more time!" She shouts, pointing at him angrily.

"Okay." I wrap my arm around Daniella. "Let's go."

I guide Daniella outside and walk her down the steps, making sure she can not turn around and run back inside. She needs to calm down before she is allowed to talk to anyone. We don't need her being arrested for assaulting an officer.

Daniella stands at the bottom of the steps and screams in frustration of the situation. I've never seen someone so angry before. She would probably collapse if she exploded anymore. She must have such a headache.

Calum walks over and pulls her in for a hug, forcing her to hug him back. She fights against him, pushing against his chest and dropping her weight to get under his arms.

"Daniella stop." Calum holds her tight.

The amount of anger in her little body is incredible. With her punching and smacking at Calum's chest, I am surprised he is not screaming out in pain. She is hitting him quite hard.

She buries her head in his chest and sobs, no longer angrily hitting him. She snakes her arms around his waist. "I want Michael." She mumbles.

"I know you do. We all do. We will get him out of there. Luke is calling the lawyer now." He whispers to her as he rubs her back to calm her down.

I know we have a great lawyer and all, but can he really get Michael out of this mess he has found himself in?

To be entirely honest, I don't think he can. I don't think he has the expertise to get him out of something like this.

AN: please comment and let me know what you guys think so far!