Chapter Fifty- Six

Daniella

I smile softly and run my fingers through Michaels sweaty hair as he sleeps off the alcohol beside me. He is like a sleeping baby; so peaceful. I am glad he is finally able to sleep after everything that has been going on. He has found the peace inside him to be able to relax and just let go for a little.

I slowly slide out from under the blanket, being extra careful not to wake him up. He really needs to sleep. I do not want to disturb him.

I tiptoe over to the closet and pick a shirt off the hanger, wrapping it around my body and buttoning it up so that I can get back in to my own room. I can't exactly walk out in to the hall naked. With my luck, someone will be standing right there as I open the door.

Being with Michael like that was incredible. I have no words to describe how he made me feel. We connected like I didn't think we possibly could. That was two people bonding closer together. That was so intimate. I can't help but smile and sigh happily. I am happy.

It might be just a little bit premature to say this, but we might just end up together, forever.

I open the door quietly to reveal Ashton, his hand up, ready to knock. Good thing I didn't try to chance dashing across the hall naked...

"Oh-" he says.

"Shh!" I hold my index finger up to my mouth. "He is finally asleep."

"I was-" he drops his hand to his side. I wonder what he was coming to ask. That doesn't matter right now. I have to talk to all of them while Michael is asleep. I can't risk him hearing what I have to tell them.

"Get the others together downstairs. We need to have a chat about Michael. I will be down in a minute." I instruct him.

He nods and walks down the hallway. I slip inside my bedroom and lean against the doorway, my knees weak beneath me.

I love Michael. More than I have ever loved a living thing before. I am glad I finally told him.

I smile as I see myself dressed in Michael's shirt. The feeling of his fabric being wrapped around me is comforting on so many different levels.

I unbutton the shirt and place it on my bed. I quickly redress myself so that I can get down to business and talk with the boys. They need to be filled in on what is going on. It is not fair to them for either of us to keep them in the dark.

I open the door and close it behind me. I peer in to Michael's room and smile. He is still fast asleep. I don't think I have ever seen him this peaceful and relaxed. I like it.

I smile to myself as I walk down the stairs. But the smile quickly fades. Once Michael wakes up, I will need to talk to him about his step-father. I need to make sure he is in a good place about it.
As good of a place as he can be with this situation I guess...

As soon as I walk in to the kitchen, I am met with three eager faces. They want to hear what I am going to say.

"So, the police called him last night." I begin.

"Really?" Luke asks, confused as to why.

"They told Michael that they have his step-Father in custody over in America." I continue.

"Wait, he had a step-father? Why is he in custody?" Calum asks, looking at Ashton and Luke to see if they know why.

I look at the three of them, shocked. "You really don't know?"

"Know what?" Ashton shakes his head.

My jaw nearly drops. How can they live together and they don't know a single thing about Michael? How do they not know the biggest thing in his life? This event shaped Michael. It made him who he is today. How can they know absolutely nothing about it?

"How could you guys not know? His step-father killed his mother and his sisters? Anything ringing a bell?" I ask. This is absurd. How could Michael not have told them?

The three of them shake their heads. "This is the first time any of us are hearing this." Luke speaks for the group.

I cover my mouth in shock. How could they not know? That is crazy to me. How? Just how is that even possible?

"Well, um- don't say anything then. Forget I said anything. I'll see if I can get him to tell you guys himself." I shake my head, thinking of what to do next.

I can't believe Michael never told them. In all these years, his family has never come up once?