Prologue

Re-edited...

...

...

—I'm really sorry, hime. I couldn't find him— (demon name) say kneeling down in front of your room, don't wanting to your reaction after hearing those words— all the dragon slayers died in battle, no one managed to survive...— he said without any emotion in his voice as if he didn't care about what happened those dragon slayers.

You remain silent for a moment without being able to believe what (demon name) said. Your arms were trembling and you can even hear your heart beating. He promised that he will come back and save you from your prison, he even swears it so... he must still be alive, right?

—That... that must be a lie. Please stop joking (demon name), it's not funny— you said with a broken voice hiding your face behind your kimono sleeves. That dragon slayer was really important to you, he was the only person you love and the only one that taught you about the world outside the temple and at the same time, he showed you what it was like to be loved by someone.

He was the one that worried about you when nobody cared about it and the only one that managed to fill the void that you always feel in your heart... but now... he is dead? You keep silent waiting for him to reply your question but he never did it.

Your eyes stars to fill with tears as you finally let all that sadness flow away from you. You cried as you never did and slowly your sleeves began to soak up in your tears because you know that those words were true, because (demon name) will never lie to you.

The sadness and pain you were in make you lost your sense so you decided to stand up from your place and walk close to the bamboo curtain.

'If he is dead now, I at least want to go and find his body...' you thought but (demon name)'s voice stopped you for a moment.

—Where are you planning to go? You know that if you leave this room, your curse will destroy the entire city, right? — He warned you bur despite his words, you decided to leave the room anyway.

—I don't care anymore...— you lowered your head trying to hide your eyes behind your hair— ...without him my life don't have sense anymore...I want to find him. Even if he's already dead I want to stay at his side...— blood tears came out from your eyes as you finally placed a feet out of that room for the first time in your life. When you did it, a darkness aura expanded to the entire city killing everything in his way and at the same time it destroyed the entire sanctuary.

Walking downstairs you finally managed to see for the first time the city you protected all those years and the people living in it but something was strange because everyone was sleeping in the middle of the street as if they're dead. The more you got way of the sanctuary, the more you got corrupted by you despair and a devilish smile started to appear on your face.

(Demon name) followed you as you keep walking towards the outside of the city. You walked slowly until you finally arrived at the city's limit and turned to stare at it a last time. Everything was in ruins, destroyed by the darkness that came out from your body, from your broken heart.

—Why is the world so cruel? —you said, finally leaving the city behind; that city than only make you remind the man you once loved. As you keep walking, you started to feel your body heavy. —I'll going to fulfill our promise even if you're not in this world anymore... so please, wait for me... Soon I'll go to your side... just wait until I can kill all the dragons and humans...—

You started to go towards the next city with the intention to destroy it but you suddenly lost all your strength and you ended up falling over your knees. Your eyes lose their shine and finally you fall unconscious over the ground. Little by little, strange crystal fragments started to appear in your body and when they finally joined together, they formed a huge lacrima crystal with your body inside it.

—I'm really sorry, hime...—(demon name) placed a hand over the crystal and stared at your beautiful face through the glass—...as the time passes, you will eventually forget about him. His face and his name, you will forget that...— he said trying to touch your face over the crystal.

He always loved you, he always wanted to keep that smile of you intact and stay by your side forever but then that guy appeared in your life, that dragon slayer that in only matter of days managed to change your feelings and your way to see the world.

—Your feelings for him will never disappear, but that doesn't matter if you don't remember him—(demon name) say kissing the crystal—you belong only to me, hime, and I won't going to give you to anyone else... I love you...—