Chapter 40: Together

The battle against the underworld finally ended. Everything that was destroyed during the battle, mysteriously returned to its original state as if nothing had happened. Even Fairy Tail guild was reconstructed as if it wasn't damaged during the battle.

Now everything was just like a bad dream for everyone; that fear and despair disappeared alongside with the end of the battle but despite that there was something that cannot be recovered so easy... and it was regarding to the dragons what helped to destroy face and (y/n).

The dragons what gave their lives in order to help and destroy all the faces around the continent; their memory was still in the heart of every member of Fairy Tail but more in the heart of those who searched for them for so much time.

In the other side, there was (y/n)... Despite of everything she had done until now and even the fact that she left the guild suddenly, they still consider her as a friend. And now that they knew more about her they only want to help her no matter what.

~Natsu's P.O.V ~

Some days has passed since the end of the battle against Tartaros. For a strange reason, everything returned to its original state as if nothing of that happened, even our guild where rebuilt like before and we returned to our normal activities. That battle was just like a bad dream now, because every proof of that vanished in the air.

The destruction caused by face disappeared and even the fact that the council were crushed and destroyed was changed. Well just a part of that were true. The council building was rebuilt but its members were still died.

The battle made me realize how weak I was, it proved me that my actual power wasn't enough to protect those who are important to me so I finally made a choice. I need more power and strength so that I can protect everyone so I decided to go into a training travel alongside with happy.

That morning after finishing packing some things to our travel, we were finally ready to leave the city without anyone notice but there was something strange in the air that made me worry a bit. A familiar smell can be sensed trough it but at the same time, that smell was somehow different; whoever it is, it was heading towards the guild. What's going on? I wondered.

Leaving aside my plans to leave, I leave my things in my house before running towards the guild trying to find out what was happening.

In front of the guild main door, a man with long red hair was standing there. His green eyes were moving from side to side in search of something or someone. Just who was that man in front of us? I walked towards him trying to solve my doubts. The smell coming from him was familiar to me somehow but at the same time it was different.

—Who are you? — Erza asked changing her face to a one more serious as she appeared one of her swords just in case. That man seemed to ignore Erza's question. He closed his eyes for a second and let out a little chuckle. —ANSWER!!! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!!!— Erza appointed her sword towards that man but even with that, his expression never changed. What the hell was crossing through his mind? Did he really want to die?

—My name wasn't important, I cannot remember it clearly...— He stopped for a bit —...but... My name is Enryuu Ou Aegis I. or that's what I remember...— He was about to say something more but for a strange reason, he stopped and turned his sight towards his back.

—Nee~ Aegis... why are we here...— a female voice came from his back —...we... need to find... Acnologia...— she keep talking letting us know that the person behind him was (y/n).

—Wait a little, can you? Hime... I just want to...—

—She already say that she want to go and search for Acnologia. Didn't she? Igneel? — A male voice came out from (y/n) lips making Aegis stop what he was saying. The red haired man only nodded before turning around to face the girl and knell down in front of her. —Then, why are you still here? ...Didn't I say that you only got a month? ...—