Chapter 32: Behind the Darkness

~Acnologia's P.O.V~

"Do you want the power to defeat the dragons?..." a young man with green eyes and brown hair appeared in front of me with a smile in his face. Why just in a moment like this I ended up meeting someone so strange like him?

"I don't have time to be playing..." I said coldly passing by his side. I need to continue with my search even if that was useless, I want to find her even if I already know that she was maybe dead.

"But, if you obtain the power to defeat the dragons, you can travel easily city by city..." an evil look shown in the face of that man as he appeared again in front of me. "I know where is she..."

"What?" I muttered shocked as I step back "That is no possible..."

"You are searching for a girl named (y/n), right?" he said shocked me even more.

"How is that you know that?"

"That doesn't matter, does it? he smiled again as he extended his hand towards me. "If you want to know where is she, take my hand and I'll tell you... but if you want the power to reach her, then come with me and I'll give it to you... What do you choose?"

What was the best choise? Even if I knew where she is, if I don't have the power to arrive there, then that was useless.

"I'll go with you..." I muttered coldly as the man turned around to see the sun what was comming out.

"That girl you are searching for was in (city name), a city so far away from here..." he said as he pointed towards the horizon. "But there become dangerous to travel city to city by the dragons fault... If you learn the magic able to slay them, you'll easily reach her..."

"I thought that magic can only be learning trought a dragon..."

"In fact, I'm one..." he replied like if that was the most common thing in the world.

"Just who the hell are you?..." I asked starting to doubt as I stepped away from him. I didn't feel it in the begening but this man in front of me gave off a really dangerous aura.

"My name is Jade... and I'm the Dragon God..."

・・・・・・・・・・

~(y/n)'s P.O.V~

It was morning and the light was coming through the window grilles. Today Acnologia was leaving and I will not be able see him again within several weeks. He had already taken the necessary things and was ready to leave.

"Be careful," I expressed a bit worried as I hugged him one last time.

"I will," he replied corresponding the embrace. "But (y / n) ... I want you to promise me one thing ..."

"Eh?" I muttered confused as I watched his red eyes "Why you have that expression?" I asked worried once I noticed the sadness in his face.

"Just promise it, yes?" he pleaded showing me his little finger "Seeing you, I feel you are able to take your own life if I am not on your side ... and that worries me ..." I extended my little finger to link it with his.

"And what do you want me to promise?" I asked waiting the answer of the young man in front of me.

"Please, don't die until I return, I want you to stay alive until the day when I can finally show you a pacific world free of those dragons..."

"Then, you must survive and return to my side..."

"I swear it, I promise you that I'll come back as soon as I finish..." were the last words I heard from him before he traveled to the battlefield...