Chapter 42: A difficult decision

—Come on, (y/n)! Let play a bit before returning— Tomoe's sadistic voice sounds forced as if that facet of him were false but despise that, (y/n)'s mind was filled only by worry towards her friends, the friends she couldn't save from Yoru — Nee~ Why do you have that sad face? — The fox demon opens the fan in his hand to cover his mouth with it trying to hide the expression he was about to show — don't tell me... You're worried about your friends who lived in this city? Or are you worried about Asir? ... If it's about that, they're fine... — he says that but the girl just didn't trust his words.

(y/n) turned her sight away from him to ignore the demon completely. That only pissed him off making him close his fan abruptly and broke it by the half. His face that at first was showing sadness and confusion was now full of anger and bloodlust.

—If that's how you want to do the things, then fine with me. Your friends are still alive but not for much time— Tomoe revealed snapping his finger to appear a spherical wind barrier with Magnolia city in it. — I saved them before Yoru could destroy the city but I can just kill them at any second... — as he said that, the sphere around the city started to compress little by little —But if you want me to release them, then play my game... —

—But Asir... He's death...— Tomoe sighed crossing his arms.

—Oi~ did you really pay attention to what I said earlier? — Both, your friends and Asir are fine. See? — Another sphere appeared but this time close to the girl. Once the wind forming it vanished, the unconscious body of the red dragon fell to the ground. — I'll return him to you because he's an essential key for the game success. So, will you going to play my game or no?—

—Fine... I'll play but if I win you'll need to release them... — the girl walked in front of Acnologia and ordered him to don't interfere in the game no matter what and just in case, protect the red dragon at his side.

—And in what moment do I say that is a game about winning or losing? If they will be free or no only depends on you. Right, Aegis? —The red haired dragons what accompanied (y/n) before leaving her with Acnologia, appeared between her and Tomoe. His face was emotionless compared to before and that only worried the girl. But the stranger thing about Aegis was the coffin he had floating at his side; a black coffin decorated by golden ornaments and a strange symbol in the cover if it.

—Yeah... — the red haired dragon replied simply. Without giving the girl the opportunity to say something, he charged at her with all his strength and starts to attack her. (y/n) cannot understand what is going on so she only limited herself to evade all Aegis attacks and at the same time, she was trying to obtain an answer from Tomoe who was only watching from the distance.

—Oh! You're confusing, right? Then let me explain this game rules. The barrier I placed around Magnolia city is a type of curse what will be dispelled if something is sacrificed the same goes for this coffin — he moved the coffin more close to him. His face started to return to its usual self when the 'game' started —in this coffin is the most important thing you were searching alongside with the corpse of his previous owner. If you want to open this coffin or dispel the barrier around Magnolia, a sacrifice is required. Once the sacrifice is offered, both 'curses' will be dispelled —

(y/n) keeps evading Aegis attacks as he started to thing in a way to stop this. She didn't want to hurt this person in front of her; she just cannot hurt him because he was someone important to Natsu. Aegis was the dragon Natsu searched for so long time and even if his current appearance was created by Yoru, Aegis still had feelings for his son.