Chapter 38: The Real Game

"She had a curse more troublesome than mine..." Those words said by Jackal only surprised Lucy more than she was. Is that the reason why (y/n) always looks so distant with them? She was afraid that her curse can hurt them? Lucy turned her sight to the girl who was still in the roof.

"(y/n)... Is that true?" Lucy asked but (y/n) only turned her head away avoiding the girl's sight. "Why didn't you say anything? We could help you..."

"And how would you do that? If she became attached to you, you had died so she decided to stay away, even if you think that she can feel or show any emotions..." Jackal replied returning to (y/n)'s side "Did you really know what's the curse she have?"

Lucy and Wendy stopped a while to think in Jackal words. They were true. What kind of curse had (y/n) so that she could not become attached to anyone? Both girls lowered their heads because they finally realize that they didn't know so much about her.

"She has the Ankhseram curse, a contradictory magic that kills everything she loves... but stop talking about nonsenses, bye..." Jackal made an explosion to keep the girls away as he take that opportunity to go for Michello "Let's go" He said taking (y/n)'s hand and pull her with him.

The old man was running across the entire city asking for help. His personality really sucks. Even when he was in the council (y/n) used to hat him... not only him, she used to hate those persons what only care for themselves even when she was one of them by the curse fault.

After a while, they finally managed to reach that geezer.

"Found You" Jackal said scaring the old man to death. (y/n) only laughed at the man expression and the despair he shows. Michello started to say things like he didn't know anything again. Just after that Lucy came trying to help but... "Whoa there...I'd think twice before doing that..." Jackal warned Lucy while (y/n) only stood behind him seeing all his actions.

"What is this?" Lucy asked after seeing a glowing symbol under her.

"A landmine curse... the moment you move... KABOOM"

As Jackal continues, the things become more and more troublesome for Lucy. Now she was forced to decide who live she will save, between Michello and a pregnant woman, both trapped by Jackal's curse. The time was passing so fast and she cannot decide who save.

Why is she hesitating? (y/n) saw her all the time and was thinking that. If was her forced to made a choice, she will definitely choose the pregnant woman cause her life is more useful than the live of that old geezer.

"So... what live are you going to choose, Fairy Tail?!" Jackal asked again seeing the trouble face in the blonde girl.

"I CHOOSE YOU!!!!" Natsu came from nowhere and hit Jackal breaking his curse over Lucy and the other two.

"Jackal..." (y/n) goes to where he fell and tried to help him stand. "Are you alright?" she asked a little worried.

"Ah, don't worry about me..." he tried to stand but then Natsu came to face both of you. "Tsk! What do you want now? ..."

"Why? ... What have you've done to (y/n)? ..." That was the first matter Natsu asked. "Why is she worrying about you? ... She isn't the type of person who will care for monsters like you..."

"Are you sure about that? ..." Jackal laughed after hearing Natsu's words. "By saying that, you're telling me that you didn't know anything about her..." he just cannot stop laughing

"What's so funny?" Natsu's face become more serious but Jackal doesn't seem to care about it.

"You..." Jackal said holding the girl close to him "Your expression is so funny... getting so frustrated about this girl when she's worrying for someone or when she is so closes with someone, it looks as if you were in love with her..."