Chapter 39. Aegis

A roar resounded over the entire battlefield and just after that, another dragon appeared in front of Acnologia. A red dragon like the fire started to fight Acnologia in order to help Fairy Tail with their battle against Tartaros. Yoru disappeared just after those words leaving that book with you, despite that he said you won't need it.

A flame dragon... is that the dragon Natsu was searching for?

"Yes, there's no doubt about it..." A voice came out from the book and at the same time, it started to shine. "That dragon is Igneel, the flame dragon king..." You were too shocked to say anything while the book opened by itself summoning a gray haired man with wings of light and darkness. Your eyes widened in surprise after seeing him, he was the man you saw in your dreams time ago before what happened in Edolas. He is the so called 'master of the gate' that the demons always mentioned.

Was he the one who was playing your father's role in this game? You always think that he was the first responsive behind all your pain and sadness but now that the things turned like this you didn't know any more. The words said by Chronos were still echoing in your mind; everything was only a game? Your life, your friends, everything what happened until now was only according to the game Yoru started?

"Hime, please don't make that sad face..." He approached to you seeing the confusion that was all over your face but as he came more close to you, you stepped back away from him. "(y/n)-hime?" He asked a little worried about your suddenly actions; you were confused too.

"Stay away from me..." you were unsure what was crossing trough your mind at that moment but you were unable to trust him. "Everything is only a game for you, right? Everything... Your feelings or your preoccupation about me... You're only following Yoru orders..." The fact that he appeared now was only to keep you away from Acnologia or there was another reason behind his actions?

You didn't stop to think about anything, that man in front of you was only an obstacle in your way to Acnologia so you only ignored him. Turning away from him you ran in another direction searching for another way to reach the black dragon. You're so close to help him so you will not going to let anyone get in your way.

'Just wait Acnologia... everything will end soon...' you think as you keep running away from that man.

~Meanwhile~

Igneel was fighting Acnologia with all his strength but even with that, he didn't manage to cause severe damage over him. Both dragons crashed against each other, releasing attack after attack causing severe damages over the battlefield.

As the time passes they lead the battle over the clouds.

"To think that dragons still live... how unpleasant..." Acnologia finally spoke, no showing any feeling in his voice and surprising Igneel.

"So you finally open your mouth, eh, Acnologia?" The flame dragon showed a smile.

"I recognize you as my enemy, dragon... And I shall slay you..." but before he could do anything a girl come flying towards him shouting his name. That girl stopped in front of him and stared at him with a worried face. Acnologia's anger only grow even more after this girl intromission so he was about to attack her but then he notices something. Those (e/c) eyes and that (h/c) hair reminds him someone, even that scent that came from her was too familiar.

"Acnologia..." you said his name with watery eyes. He really changed so much but all that was your fault so you didn't care the fact that he was a dragon now. "I finally..." You got interrupted abruptly by the black dragon.

"Who are you, human?" He asked showing is fangs to you. "And why did you smell like her?" Even if has passed four hundred years since then he just couldn't forget the scent of the person he loved...and then suddenly a person who smells like her appeared in front of him. That only confused him.