Chapter 4

•Grayson's POV•

I felt horrible saying those things to Riv. After what she told me about her anorexia being a problem, I just felt so guilty about saying that mean shit to her.

Ever since my mom died, everyone in my family has been.....different.

My sister has been completely overwhelmed with depression and anxiety. My dad doesn't talk to me anymore like he used to.

I found my relief through social media so it means a lot to me.

But man, I have never had so many feelings for a girl like Riv.

She's out of the box and not ordinary what so ever, I love that.

She's beautiful and I can't help but to stare at her sometimes. She never sees me, which is a good thing.

We didn't talk much on the bus. I knew she was kind of mad at me anyway.

The bus pulled up at school but before Riv got up I grabbed her hand.

"Hey Riv?" I asked.

"Yea?" she said.

"Can we get through this, together?" I asked her.

She bit her bottom lip and said, "One step at a time?"

I nodded my head and rubbed little circles around her knuckles on her hand.

"If slow is what you want, that's cool with me." I said.

In School•

"Damnit I jammed my locker again." I said under my breath.

"What?" a voice asked behind me.

I looked up to see a boy about my age with ruffled hair and bright blue eyes.

"Oh it's nothing." I say.

"Hey, aren't you that new kid? Grayson?" he asked.

"Uh yea." I told him.

"Cool. I'm Jack. Jack Dail." he said holding out his hand.

I shook it and went back to trying to un-jam my locker.

"Watch this." Jack said as he scooted me aside.

He kicked it, hit it twice with his elbow and jammed his thumb into the lock. My locker swung open.

"Thanks dude. How'd you know how to do that?" I asked.

"Almost every kid in school knows that's trick, besides you." he laughed.

He left and walked off into some other classroom. I got all my supplies and headed to Social Studies.

Lunch•

I looked for Riv down the hallway and found her at her locker putting away some stuff. I walked up to her.

"I'm heading down to lunch, you coming?" I asked.

"One step at a time." she said.

"I know. You can get something little ok? I'll stick with you the whole way." I said.

"Okay."

HEY!!! Grayson didn't bring up Ethan for a reason... I wonder why??🌌🌉🌈🎆🌋