Chapter 26

*TRIGGER WARNING* (and also crappy chapter sorry)

•Riv's POV•

Once the door closes and Grayson leaves, I bolt towards his cabinets, trying to find a razor.

Bingo.

I peel pack the plastic with my nail and pulled out the blades.

I look down at them and think of what a mistake I am. I cant even keep food in my stomach. Grayson's dad will never adopt me, I'll end up having to live on the streets. I don't deserve to live.

I pull up my sleeves and cut over my old scars, wincing at every contact of the metal.

Tears are pouring out of my eyes and down my cheeks as I continue to go up and down each arm.

I feel light headed at the loss of blood but keep going until I feel relief.

I drop the blade and it clinks onto the sink.

I slide down the door, holding my wrists. They burn like hell as I continue to cry. Everything hurts.

Then I hear Grayson banging on the door.

"Riv? Are you ok? Let me in!" he shouts from the other side of the door.

He tries to open it, but I'm blocking it. I pull down my sleeves and scoot out of the way, then he bursts in.

"Oh my god, River baby, no." he says, seeing my bloody blades on the counter.

He walks over to me and picks me up, being extremely gentle. I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck then dig my face into his chest.

He carries me to the sink and sits my down.

"C-can I see?" he whispers, gesturing to my arms.

I tug my arms back and shake my head no. Everything looked so blurry, but I continued like it was nothing.

"River, I need to help you, please." he says, intertwining our fingers.

I looked into his eyes again, finding the specks of brown and green. So beautiful, and hazelnut.

"Ok." I say.

He nods then lets go of my hand and rolls up my sleeves gently, making sure not to hurt me.

His eyes go wide as he looks over the gash marks across my skin. I see it as nothing. It no longer hurts me anymore.

"I-I need to wrap t-these up ok?" he asks in a shaky tone.

I nod and watch him pull out gauze from under the sink. He wraps my arms in the soft material and I watch him.

He was being so careful.

"Done." he says, looking up at me, smiling.

I smile back as my vision clears.

I hop down from the counter and go back into his room. He follows me.

"Promise me something." he says.

I turn around and nod for him to continue.

"Promise me, you'll never do that again." he says looking down at me.

I look down. I cant promise that for sure, but I cant see him get hurt like this again.

"I promise." I say.

I cross my fingers behind my back.

OLIVIA IS PROBABLY TRIGGERED AF AJGSBSB