Chapter 31

•Riv's POV•

I couldn't take it anymore. I leaned in and pushed my lips against his softly.

He was caught by surprise at first, but then leaned into it.

I pulled back, a smile tugged at my lips.

"You sure you still want to be friends?" he asks, chuckling.

I giggle and shake my head no, smiling.

"Well then, River Lydia Rawlins, will you do me the honors of, being my girlfriend?" he asks, getting down on one knee and smiling like an idiot.

"Yes." I say with a giggle.

He gets back up and sweeps me off my feet, spinning me around. We both laugh historically and then he sets me down.

I look up at him, into his eyes. He pecks my nose and interlaced or fingers together.

"So, since you'll be staying here for the rest of forever, wanna help me set up Cameron's room for you?" he asks me.

I laugh at his goofiness and nod, as we head up stairs.

The bed was already neatly made but the closet was completely empty.

"I'll go get your clothes." he says, walking off to his room.

I take in the big space of Cameron's room. Much bigger than mine at least.

I wonder if she'll be ok with me moving in?

Grayson comes back in with my bag of clothes and dumps it on the bed. Ugh god.

"Hey Gray, how do you think your sister will feel about this?" I ask him.

He shrugs.

"Ok, I guess. She's a pretty chill person. Plus, once she gets out of college she said she's going to get her own place." he says.

Relief washes over me. But I still have a knot in my stomach for when his dad comes back home.

Tomorrow.

I begin to pull hangers out of the closet and hang my new clothes on the hangers. Grayson does the same.

Then the door bell rings.

"I'll get it." Grayson says, moving past me.

I hear the door open downstairs and some muffled talking. After a while I hear the door shut and my name being yelled.

I walk down the stairs and see Grayson with most of my stuff from my house surrounding his feet.

"Your dad came by, dropped your stuff off." he said smiling.

I smile back and pick up most of it in one load while Grayson got the rest.

We reach Cameron's room and set all of my things in a corner of the room.

Most of them consisted of pictures from my room, clothes, old toys and dolls and my sketch book.

I wasn't as good of a drawer as Ethan but, i was more of a landscaper. It still got my mind off things.

I look at the clock. It read 3:17. Damn time went by fast. My stomach rumbled.

Grayson unpacked the rest of my cloths and heard my belly. He looked over at me.

"Do you think you're ready?" he asked me.

I thought for a while. I've screwed up 2 times already. Well, 3rd time is a charm.

"I think so." I say.

He smiles at me.

"Great. Put on something fancy, I'm taking you out."