Chapter 34

•Riv's POV•

The food came after a while and I looked down at it.

My stomach turned just looking at it.

Grayson noticed and grabbed my hand, doing the same thing he always does. Rubbed my knuckles.

I looked up at him and smiled.

"One step at a time." he whispered.

I nod and pick up my fork, twirling it around on a piece of lettuce then pick it up and place it in my mouth.

The taste was so savoring.

I took another after another, devouring each bite. This is the best salad I've ever had.

Grayson looked down at me and smiled, then continued eating his lasagna. It looked pretty damn good to me.

Once I finished my salad and Gray finished his lasagna, we had small talk about everything.

I looked back out the window. I couldn't stop looking at the city. It was so beautiful.

It's been so long since I've been out here.

I look back at Gray. He had a devilish smile on his lips.

"What?" I ask, giggling.

"You love the city don't you?" he says.

I nod.

"Why don't I take you out after this? We can walk around. Maybe I can buy you something." he says smiling.

"That's a great idea Gray, but I'm not letting you buy me anything. This dinner is probably $200, and on top of that you bought me clothes. I'm not gonna let you waist your money on me anymore." I say.

Grayson looks at me and sticks his bottom lip out.

"But I like spending my money on you princess. You've been through so much, and you deserved the world." he says, lacing our fingers together again.

I smile and look down at our hands locked together. Relief washes over me. Everything feels, relaxed.

The waiter comes back with the check and notices our hands together, then rolls his eyes. Grayson smirks at him.

I don't understand guys.

Grayson grabs the check before I can even see it and pays for it.

"Gray, how much was it?!" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You don't need to know." he says, winking.

"Now c'mon princess, we've got some exploring to do." he says, getting out of his seat and putting his hand out for me to grab.

I take the offer and we walk out of the restaurant. The vallet gets our car and he opens the door for me, again.

After that we sped off into the city.

I enjoyed every second of it.