Chapter 17

•Grayson's POV•

I placed Riv down on my bed and walked over to my bathroom to get something to clean out her cut.

I walk out with a wet rag to see her peacefully sleeping on my bed. I place the rag on her forehead and rub the blood off gently. I look down at her sweater, which was covered in blood splatters.

I walked over to my closet and got one of my sweatshirts to put on her. I pulled her sweater off and over her head, looking down over her body a bit.

She was only in her bra, but she was beautiful. Then I saw her arms, covered in all sizes of scars, some fresh.

"Baby..." I whispered.

I ran my thumb over some of them, feeling every inch. A tear slipped out of my eye and I quickly wiped it away.

I slipped my sweatshirt over her head and on her. I pulled my covers up to her nose and smiled a bit. She looked so cute. I slid in next to her and wrapped my arms around her waist, nuzzling my head into her kneel before falling asleep.

•Riv's POV•

I woke up with my head pounding. I tried to open my eyes but everything hurt. It seemed blurry and I couldn't see shit.

I pulled my hand up to my head and rubbed my temple. The pounding calmed a bit and I slowly opened my eyes again.

My eye sight was clearer now, so I took in my surrounding. I was in a bed that I recognized, was it mine? No, the comforter was dark blue and checkered.

I looked down to see large arms wrapped around me and I was wasn't wearing the sweater I thought I was. I looked next to me see a smiling Grayson already looking at me.

I look down at his nose. It was a bit crooked and had dried blood all over it. What the hell happened to him?

He lifts my chin up and we lock eyes.

"Don't pay attention to that. How are you doing?" he said softly, raising his hand to touch my head.

I winced at the contact of his hand to some kind of cut on my head. He drew his hand back sharply.

"Sorry..." he whispered.

"It's ok I just, don't remember what, happened." I say sitting up in his bed.

"It's better if you don't remember." he says sitting up next to me.

"Where's your, ugh, bathroom?" I ask flipping the covers off myself.

"Oh, over there." he says pointing to a door corner of his room.

"Thanks. I'll be right back." I say placing my feet on the ground and walking slowly over to the door.

I walk in and close the door behind me. I turn around and see myself standing in the mirror. I gasp.

A huge gash was spread over my forehead. I tap it a bit with my finger and wince. Why cant I remember what happened?

I look down to see myself wearing a grey sweatshirt with black letters that spell "ARMY" over my chest. This isn't mine. Is it Grayson's? I remember wearing a pink sweater. How did I end up wearing this?

I walked out of the bathroom and look at Grayson sitting on the edge of his bed looking down at his phone.

"Grayson?" I ask, walking over and sitting next to him.

"Hmm?" he says I looking up at me.

"Is this yours?" I ask.

His face turns a deep red as he smiles a bit.

"Umm yea it is." he says.

I look at him, still confused.

"I was wearing a sweater. How did I end up in this?" I ask looking down at it.

"I put it on you." he says standing up.

My eyes grow wide as I look up at him. "Grayson..." I say trailing off.

"It's ok, I saw them." he whispers.

I pull my sleeves down further. I feel exposed.