Chapter 38

•Grayson's POV•

A huge smile wipes over my face when I hear her say it. I lean in and kiss her softly, then pull back.

"I love you too Riv." I say, then she hops down and smiled up at me.

We walk out of the bathroom and she jumps on the bed, curling up under the covers. I smile at her.

She smiled back slightly and closed her eyes. I walk over to her side of the bed and kiss her on the forehead and then turn off the light.

She grabs my hand.

"No, stay." she says.

"I want you to actually get some sleep ok, sleep all day tomorrow if you need to. You've been going through shit and you just need to sleep ok princess."

She lets go of my hand.

"I guess you're right..." she whispers.

I hear her shift under the covers.

"Goodnight." she says.

"Goodnight baby, I love you." I say, shutting the door.

I walk to my bedroom and run a hand through my hair. What did she want to ask? I have a feeling I know what it is, but I don't wanna think that way.

I turn off my lights and get in my bed. It felt weird without Riv next to me.

But I knew she needed her sleep, she needed it bad.

•Next Morning•

I woke up to a bright light in my eyes. Stupid ass sun. I shut my curtains and rub my eyes.

"Ugh." I groan, as I get out of bed to brush my teeth.

When I enter the bathroom, it seemed, cleaned. Maybe it was Riv?

After I brush my teeth I open my door and walk out, looking into Riv's room to make sure she was still there.

She was.

Sleeping beautifully with a small smile on her face. Wonder what she was thinking about.

I walk down the stairs and decide to just skip breakfast. I wasn't that hungry anyway.

Then I realize.

Riv didn't throw up, at all.

I smile very widely and do a little dance, then sit on the couch like nothing happened. I was so proud of her. She was getting better.

I turn on the tv and watch it for a while before falling asleep again. What can I say? I was tired as hell.

I woke up to the sound of the garage door opening. What the hell?

I get up and as soon as I do, I see him.

"Hey son, how were ya while I was gone?"

My dad.