Chapter 18

•Grayson's POV•

I watch Riv pull her sleeves down further out of the corner of my eye.

I feel bad for looking at them without her permission. Now she's never going to trust me.

I walk into my bathroom and take a good look at my nose.

Damn its fucked up.

I grab a towel and soak the corner of it with water, then wipe the dry blood of my face.

After I was done cleaning everything, it was time to pop it back into place.

I've done this many times. I've broken my nose around 10 times by now. I know exactly what I'm doing.

I walk over to the door and lock it so River won't walk in on me.

I place my thumb under the tip of my nose and then my index finger and middle finger over the bridge of my nose.

This if gonna hurt like hell.

"1, 2, 3!" I counted to myself before shoving upward and feeling a sharp pain.

"Ow damn it, fuck." I whisper-shout to myself slamming my fists down on the counter.

I look back in the mirror and see my nose back to normal. Looks brand new.

I walk back out of the bathroom to see Riv not there.

Where did she go?

•Riv's POV•

I heard Grayson slam something on the counter in the bathroom and I jump a little. It sounds like my dad when he gets angry at me.

I walk quickly over to his door and open it, walking into the hallway. I almost forgot how big his house was.

I walk further down the hallway, farther then I had gone the last time I was here.

I walked by what seemed like his dads room. A nicely made bed, bathroom and even a signed Babe Ruth poster.

I continue walking until I found a door that was halfway opened. Through the crack in the door all I could see was boxes and a desk.

Must be storage.

I decided since I had nothing better to do that I would go explore in there. Maybe Grayson has some old embarrassing pictures or something.

I slowly push the door open and see the walls were spray painted with all different kinds of designs.

Some seemed happy and bright while others seemed dark and depressed.

What kind of room is this?

I look around my feet to see a couple of boxes stacked on top of each other and a mattress with no sheets or blankets on it.

I look to my left to see a desk with a journal on it. The name on it in big, bold, black marker wrote:

Ethan.