Chapter 9

•River's POV•
We walked back to Grayson's house since my dad was still, drunk.

He swung open the door and piled onto his couch.

"Ugh, I'm so tired."

he said putting his hand over his forehead. I stood there awkwardly in his doorway not knowing what to do.

I rubbed my arm harshly and he seemed to notice.

"Oh sorry, you can come in. Umm, sit here." he said leaning up and patting the open space next to him on the couch.

I walked over and sat down.

"Why are you so awkward?" he said chuckling a bit.

"I've just been thinking...." I said trailing off.

Ever since he kissed me in the bathroom, I haven't been able to get my mind off it. I want him to mine but, I can't.

Whoever I'm in a relationship, I'm always the one ending up getting broken. I just hate it.

"About what?" he asks snapping me out of my thought.

"Umm... It's actually, nothing." I said looking down at my feet.

"Oh come on, just tell me." he said shoving my arm.

I looked him dead in the eye and his face softened. He knew what I was thinking about.

"Oh, that." he said looking over at the blank tv screen.

"It was just, in the heat of the moment. I'm sorry, I could tell you were uncomfortable." he said tensing up.

I bit the inside of my cheek and took in a huge breath before speaking.

"I still meant what I said. I don't want to get caught up in any kind of relationship type shit. I get broken and I'm tired of it. The last time this happened I tried to ki-" I paused noticing I almost spilled my biggest secret.

I looked down at my wrist and pulled my sleeves up a bit more.

"What?" he said looking at my hands.

"Don't. I just don't want to get hurt again, ok?" I said looking back at him.

He faced my gaze and nodded. I smiled as his response.

"Friends?" I asked.

"Friends." he said.

Hi! Sorry this took so long to update but I got writers block so yea. :) anyway hope u enjoyed! 🌈🌃🏖🌠🏝🛣🌄~Mare