Chapter 12

Riv's POV

I woke up to the smell of.......

Pancakes?

I turned over and saw that Grayson was still asleep. Well then, who's making the pancakes?

I quietly got out of bed making sure nor to wake up Grayson.

As soon as I got out of the room, I ran down the stairs to see...

"who the hell are you?"

Cameron.

God, I thought it would be Ethan or something, wait, Ethan.

I forgot how Gray had trusted me.

But he cried.

Ugh, I hate seeing him sad. The memory made ME want to cry.

"I'm River, Grayson's friend.." I said.

"Oh. Hi River, I'm Cameron. Gray's sister." she said giving me a slight smile.

"I know. Grayson told me about you. He said you were at college?" I say.

"I was but the frat boys were keepin me up all damn night. I just couldn't stay there. So I crashed here at around 2 in the morning." she said.

"But so why did you sleep in Grayson's bed when you could've slept in mine? He didn't force you right?" she asked sounding kinda serious.

"No, she chose to." a voice boomed over my shoulder.

"Hey Gray, you're up early for your type." Cam said.

"I'm not like him. Now stop it." Grayson hissed back at Cameron. Who is he talking about?

I grabbed Grayson's hand right as I realized how tense he was getting.

Soon, he relaxed.

"Sorry. But, I know you like pancakes so here." she said shoving a plate in his face.

"Thanks." he said through gritted teeth.

Cam walked out of the room and went into the dinning room, leaving Gray and I alone in the kitchen.

I walked over and grabbed a plate of pancakes and looked down to see Grayson's arm snake around my waist.

"So how did princess sleep?" he asked leaning his head on my shoulder.

I remembered what happened, when he called me, princess. No no no get out of my head!

I yanked his arm off my waist.

"We don't have a thing Gray. I'm, I'm sorry." I said.

I want to love him, so bad, but I can't. I'll just end up like how I was last time, forsaken and alone.

He looked at me with sorry eyes.

He cares Riv.

No, n-no he doesn't. I shook the words out of my mind before I caught him staring at my wrist.

No.

I looked down to see that my scars were revealing under the light purple jacket he gave me last night to wear.

"Gray, I um, it's nothing, you don't have to worry." I said hiding my arm behind my back.

He looked back up at me. His eyes were so beautiful, calming.

I relaxed a bit as I got lost in his memorizing hazel... Wait no. They aren't hazel, they're more brown.

Hazelnut.

But they relax me, why?

"Riv, I've seen them before. But I want to know the story, who caused you to do such a thing?" he asked.

My heart felt like it was being ripped out of my chest. He looked hurt. I need to tell him the truth, but can I?

Riv, do it. For Gray.

I inhaled deeply before letting out my words.

"His name was Tanner."

Hey guys long time no see! So omg it's been a month and I have HUGE plans on this book so get ready! (Btw I might delete "Ride" cause it's kinda, idk boring and I'll never finish it I guess.) 😂 Anyway luv u! ~Mare