Chapter 23

•Grayson's POV•

I watched as Riv let go of her dad and watched him drive off. She stood outside for a little longer, gazing at his car till it was completely out of sight then sauntered back in.

Her cheeks were stained with tears and her eyes were total bloodshot.

I engulf her in my arms and let her cry into my chest until she could no longer cry.

I swayed us side to side till she finally looked up at me.

"When is your dad going to be home from New York?" she asked me, sniffling a bit.

"In 2 days." I whisper, looking down at her.

"We have 2 days alone?" she said, nuzzling her head into my chest.

"Yes." I reply, resting my chin on top of her head.

"I need clothes." she whispered.

"Then lets go get you some clothes." I said, letting go of her and grabbing the car keys.

"Gray, I don't have any money..." she said, rubbing her arm uncomfortably.

"Riv, it's ok. I'll pay for anything you want." I say smiling.

She shifted uneasily.

"I don't want you to waste your money on me." she said.

"Oh shut up. Come on, let's go to the mall." I said running out to the garage.

She followed me, walking slowly.

Does she really think I don't make money from what I do? I mean c'mon, I have over 4 million followers. How can YouTube not pay me yet?

I opened the passenger door for her and she got in quietly, not wanting to talk for some reason.

I shut her door and went around, hopping into the drivers seat and starting the ignition.

"Gray, you have your license, right?" she asked, looking over at me.

"Almost." I said winking over at her.

But before she could get out, I already was pulled out and headed down the road.

"Be careful please." she said as I sped up.

"Oh, like this?" I said, speeding up faster and hitting a speed bump.

She screamed a little and a laughed. She was so cute.

"Grayson stop it, please." she said in almost a whisper.

I looked over at her, confused.

She was shaking.

I almost forgot how fragile she was.

"I'm sorry. I'll stop." I said, bringing her knuckles up to my lips and kissing them lightly.

"You're ok. It's just, things scare me so easily. I hate it." she said, putting her hand back in her lap.

"I understand." I say, focusing back on the road.

•*•*

Further into the ride, I notice the pizza parlor my family always used to go to before we got so broken.

"Hey, wanna get a bite first?"