Chapter 6

•River's POV•
I fled out through the doors of the school, not caring if Grayson was behind me or not.

I wiped the tears off my cheek fast and got on the bus.

A couple minutes after I got on, Grayson did too. He looked at me for a moment.

I pursed my lips and leaned back into the seat as he walked up and sat down beside me.

I know he likes me but I can't have him. He deserves someone so much better than me.

He couldn't even help me keep my food in my stomach.

He placed his hand on my thigh, rubbing small shapes into my skin with his thumb. I shifted so his hand fell off my thigh.

Grayson furrowed his eyebrows and then looked at me.

"Look..." he said rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

"I just wanted to help you." he managed to say.

I stared at him blankly. Of coarse I knew he was trying to help me it's just that, I'm hard to deal with.

"You thinking?" he asked.

"I just, can't." I say looking back out the window.

I stare at his reflection as he wipes a tear from under his eye. I look down not wanting to see him cry.

When I got off the bus, Grayson walked behind me to my house.

"What?" I snapped at him.

"I want to go inside." he said looking down.

"I need to talk to you." I looked into his eyes as he looked up at me.

"If it's about what happened back there.... then I don't want to talk about it." I said.

"It's not. I just want to get to know you better. About that kiss.." I cut him off.

"Don't talk about that."

"Let me finish. I had no idea what I was doing. You were just in so much pain so I wanted to get your mind off the bad things going on right now. I've liked you ever since I saw you but I hated seeing you that way so I just... wanted to make you feel better." he said shoving his hands in his pockets and stiffening up.

"Hey, don't be so tense. I know you were trying to help." I said rubbing his back to help him relax.

"But,it actually did, make me, feel better." I said biting down hard on my bottom lip.

He smirked a little.

"You just deserve someone so much better than me. I have issues and imperfections. On top of that I have anorexia." I said.

"Hey don't say that. No one is better than you. I don't know what I would be doing with my life right now if I hadn't met you. Plus, I love your imperfections. They're what make you unique." he said swiping a lose stand of hair behind my ear.

"You're beautiful." he said.

"Imperfections and all."