Chapter 30

(LONG CHAPTER SORRY)

•Riv's POV•

"Hey dad, I'm gonna need to come back later. I ugh, I have to go get Grayson umm." I say running towards to door.

"Ok. Be back soon babydoll!" he called to me before I was out the door, running fast down the sidewalk.

•Grayson's POV•

I was sitting on the couch, waiting for Riv to come back when she burst through the door.

"Explain to me what the hell is going on!" she yelled.

"W-what?" I say, completely confused.

"Why do you look exactly like Tanner!" she yells at me, stomping over to where I was.

My stomach dropped and my face drained of color.

She knows.

"Look its really complicated ok, just calm down." I say, trying to rub her arms.

She yanks them out of my reach and slams them down at her sides.

"Grayson, tell me right now!" she screams.

I nod and lead her to the couch and she sits down, calming down a bit. I sit across from her.

I breathe out deeply and run a hand trough my hair before speaking.

"I don't know where to start..." I say, looking at her.

"What about the reason that I'm in Ethan's journal? Or that you look exactly like Tanner, the ass hole that made me try to kill myself!" she yelled at me.

I look down and rub my hands together.

"Well, I'll just start with Ethan..." I say, looking back into her eyes.

"Ethan had a, problem. He had a disorder that caused him to, act like different types of people. At times he would act like a fuckin maniac and others he wouldn't hurt a fly. One of his characters consisted of..." I trailed off, still looking at her.

Her eyes were determined, she wanted to know so bad. I continued.

"Consisted of Tanner. Ethan would, ugh, he would draw the people he would hurt in his journal. He drew you, because you dated him, and he was Tanner. Tanner hurt you. He would tell me everything, and I hated to hear it. He hurt so many people. Just...

"Since Ethan is my twin, we look alike. When I met you, I'm surprised you didn't recognize me and mistaken me for Ethan, but I recognized you instantly.

"At the bus stop, when you walked up, I already knew your face. Your name. I also knew he hurt you.

"Ethan is in a physic ward now, somewhere in Florida. I knew you, I knew what he did to you, and I wanted to help you. That's why I'm here. Right now. For you."

I finish, picking up her hand and lacing our fingers together.

She looked pale. She was in shock.

"How did he get here though? I still lived here at the time. I thought you were in Jersey?" she asks.

"He had a mind of his own. He would steal cars, drive them somewhere, then abandon them. Sometimes he wouldn't come home for months at a time." I respond.

She nods.

"I want to see the rest of his journal." she says.

I nod and head upstairs then grab the journal from under my bed. I look over it and run my hand over his name.

Yes, I do miss my brother deeply. But I can never forgive him for what he did.

I bring the journal back downstairs and hand it to Riv.

She flips through the book, looking over all the details of every person he hurt.

She lands on the last page, the page I dreaded the most.

She looked up at me with her eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

I look down.

The picture was of me.

I look back up at her

"It's not finished yet." she says.

"They took him before he could finish it." I say.

"Who did?"

"The ward Security."

She looks down at the page again.

"He hurt you?" she asks.

I nod my head and feel tears welling up in my eyes. I quickly blink then away.

"He tried to kill himself in front of me." I whisper.

•Memory•

I was on the couch watching a movie. Two knocks came booming on the door.

I hesitated to get up but I did. I opened the door to see him standing there.

"I'm sorry....." he whispers, before holding a gun to his temple.

My twin brother, who I haven't seen for 3 months, standing right in front of me with a gun to his head.

I lung toward it before it goes off. I duck my head and wait for the worst, then slowly look up at Ethan.

He's standing there in shock with the gun sprawled on the floor.

I grab it before he can get to it and place it on the stairs.

I embrace him in a hug and he hugs me back crying as we both stand there, swaying side to side.

"You hurt me." I whisper, before letting go of him.

•End of memory•

"I'm sorry." Riv says.

I look up at her and lock eyes with her deep brown bulbs. They seem to be moving closer to me until...

Her lips collide with mine.