Chapter 10

•Grayson's POV•

I watched as Riv got up and left. God I hated seeing her leave.

I wanted her to stay but she just rejected me. I just want to cuddle with her and kiss her, again.

I still can't get my mind off the kiss. She kissed back but, in a different way. Like she meant it but without love.

Like as friends.

I put love into that kiss. I meant it, but it was for her. No one else, just her.

I saw her pull up her sleeves a while ago when we were talking.

The two huge scars. I saw them.

I didn't want to cry, but I felt like I needed to. Someone put her in pain.

How can someone be put through so much to the point where they just, break?

I don't like to think of her as broken. I like to think of her as a mystery, or a puzzle. I have to solve it.

»Flashback«

I was on the couch watching a movie. Two knocks came booming on the door. I hesitated to get up but I did. I opened the door to see him standing there. "I'm sorry....."

»End of Flashback«

I hate that memory. I want it gone. For it to just die or fade away. Ugh, I hate it.

The doorbell rang breaking me from my train of thought.

"Come in!" I yelled.

"Hey." Riv said walking in.

"What's up?" I asked a bit confused. I mean she was gone for like 2 minutes and then came right back, weird.

"I umm, lost my keys." she said looking down at her feet.

"That's ok. Do you want to call your dad or something?" I asked.

"I did. He's drunk as hell right now. If I walk in that door I'll get hit-" She stopped herself.

He would hit her if she was late? Or just because he was drunk and had nothing to do? What a shit ass dad.

"Sorry. Do you want, umm, to sleep h-here tonight?" I asked scratching the back of my neck.

"Would your dad care?" she asked.

"He's in New York visiting family for a bit. Cameron is still packing for college and is probably spending the night in her dorm tonight." I said.

"Ok. Umm, where do I sleep?" she asked.

"Well you can sleep in either Cameron's room or mine." I said.

"I'll take Cameron's." she said, stating the obvious.

"Ok. Her room is upstairs and the first door on the left." I said pointing up the stairs.

"Thanks Gray. Do you have like, clothes I can use?" she asked.

"Oh yea I'll go get something for you. Stay here and I'll be right back." I said rushing up the stairs.

I grab her one of my sweatshirts and a pair of Cam's sweatpants.

"Here." I said tossing her the clothes over the stair railing.

"Thanks. Hey umm Gray, I'm pretty tired. Is it ok if I go to bed right now?" she asked.

"Yea that's fine. I'll see you in the morning beautiful." I said leaning my head towards the stairs.

She blushes for a bit but then heads up the stairs.

I follow her up the stairs and I head towards my room but then I hear her.

"Grayson, can I ask you something?"