Chapter 7

•Grayson's POV•
Riv led me into her house and I've gotta admit, it was HUGE. The kitchen had so much room.

I actually got jealous on how big her house was compared to mine. I heard some glass shatter and some kind of plastic rustling.

I looked around for Riv realizing that she was gone since I was looking around.

"Riv?" I half yelled.

She walked back into the room with a black garbage bag in her hand.

"What happened?" I asked.

She looked behind her.

"Oh umm.... It was nothing." she said placing the bag in the trash can.

"RIVER LYDIA RAWLINS GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE NOW!!!" I heard a voice beem from the other room.

"I'll be right back." she said leaving the room.

I heard muffled yelling and screaming but then I heard something I never have wanted to hear in my life.

Slap...Slap...Slap

Some glass shattered and then Riv came back. She was looking down with her hair hiding her face.

"What's going on Riv?" I asked.

She lifted her head up slowly. Red hands prints were spread among her face.

"I umm... It's nothing.." she said.

"Baby....." I said as pulled her into a tight hug. She pulled away and looked up at me.

"Don't call me that. At least, not right now." I heard large foot steps stomping on the ground.

"You have to leave. NOW." she said shoving me towards the door.

"No wait Riv who is that? Who hurt you?" I said moving back to the kitchen.

"Grayson PLEASE leave." she said.

"River who are you talking to?" A man with light brown hair and a beer bottle walked into the room.

"Who the hell are you?!" the guy half screamed at me.

"River what the hell are you doing?!?" he almost ran towards her but she stopped him.

"Dad he's just a friend calm down." she said to him.

"Why are you here?" he asked me.

"I need to talk to your dau-" Riv cut me off.

"We need to talk about a school project." she said.

"NO FUCKING AROUND!!! GOT ME RIVER?!?" he yelled.

"Yes sir. We are actually going to talk about while walking through the park." she told him.

"Ok. Come back home early. You still need to clean this shit hole and make dinner." He left the room taking a huge swig of his beer.